Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first water cooling build and it won't be completed overnight, this will be a couple of months worth of build time so please bare with me. I have just installed one of my Hardware Labs SR1 560 radiators and I just can't believe how much room is left in the lower chamber, this case really is the Titanic of water cooling cases! One thing unique about this build is the use of Gentle Typhoon AP-15's mounted to BGears 120 -> 140mm fan adapters and then finely mounted to the 140mm SR1 560 radiators.

Here are some pictures showing you just how much radiator the STH10 can hold, both SR1 560 radiators will be mounted in the lower chamber while the upper chamber will house the power supply, so I have a lot more room to play with! This particular radiator mount was designed for 35mm fans, I need this mount to fit the Gentle Typhoon AP-15's and the adapters which is the same thickness as 35mm fans.

The second SR1 560 will mount to the shallow 140mm radiator mount, but the fans plus adapters with be located on the inside in a push only setup, because these GT fans don't perform well in pull so far away from the SR1 series radiators and double that distance with the 140mm adapters.

This water cooling build will house an Ivy Bridge 3770K Quad Core 5+GHz, GTX680 and/or GTX780 (GK110) and will SLI two of these beasts! I will be going with full MB water blocks mainly for the VRM's, I don't WC Ram. I'm still having a difficult time choosing either a Crucial M4 or Samsung SSD as these are fast as hell, still undecided, only one SSD will will be used in this build. Sorry for the slightly underexposed pictures, its the best my camera can do as I'm looking to upgrade to a DLSR soon.

Thanks for you support, Systemlord.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenbuoy View Post

This case is AWESOME. Might I ask how much you paid for it?
Excited to see this project
biggrin.gif
I paid $469.95 and it can only be purchased at Case Labs websight, the 120.4, 140.4 and 180.3 radiators mounts are $30 each. There are many worthwhile accessories to purchase, thing is you can customize your particular case to your needs! There's so many different ways to customize your case, XL window, XXL window, ventilated panel, solid panel, standard ATX, reverse ATX and the list goes on... No to cases looks the same, a complete modular case design!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I noticed you have nice black finishing caps over the pems on the bottom chamber plate covers. Did they come with your case ? I did not notice those with mine.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronsanut View Post

I noticed you have nice black finishing caps over the pems on the bottom chamber plate covers. Did they come with your case ? I did not notice those with mine.
Congrats on noticing, I didn't think anyone would notice, their from MDPC-X International. You'll find a lot of stuff like on their websight, their in Germany yet only takes maximum 8 business days to be delivered states side! You'll love the cable management clips.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc34 View Post

Subbed! This thing is going to be absolutely killer!
I'm surprised there aren't more STH10 builds out on the forums considering the popularity of this case, getting my second SR1 560 early next month! I already ordered more Gentle Typhoons and adapters for the radiator, I'll have the entire pluming done before I have a single component.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoulder View Post

Great case, the only thing that would concern me would be the lack of dust filters.
I would welcome such filters, not only do I hate dust I'm now allergic to dust where I wasn't before I started building computers! My doctor believes it was brought on by lengthy periods of time around these dust collecting cases, and that I have a ceiling fan directly over top of me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am using the DEMC filters. I pull back the self adhesive in a couple of areas for the magnetic strip and apply directly to the fan mounted inside the fan flex bay. I guess I could have applied to the inside of the flex bay. That is only for the intake fans I have in the front of my STH10. Works great, but does require a little work to pull them off. I plan on getting a good hand held vacum.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronsanut View Post

I am using the DEMC filters. I pull back the self adhesive in a couple of areas for the magnetic strip and apply directly to the fan mounted inside the fan flex bay. I guess I could have applied to the inside of the flex bay. That is only for the intake fans I have in the front of my STH10. Works great, but does require a little work to pull them off. I plan on getting a good hand held vacum.
By the way I received my second SR1 560 this morning and will be working on it all day and have it installed by tonight hopefully, by the measurement I should have 150mm of space between each radiator and even more space between each radiators inlet/outlet ports. I'm not sure yet how I want the pluming done.

Sadly enough I'm allergic to dust and am going to buy a medium volume high PSI compressor so I can take my loop outside and blow it to hell while using fan filters, I want to custom attach a magnetic filter net to the entire intake panel on my STH10 in lower radiator chamber so I only have to remove and clean just the panel and not each individual fan filter.

Perhaps Case Labs can come up with something similar, I'll shoot them an email and see if that's something that they might want to add as an accessory. I'm going to start the assembly of my GT15 fans and mount them to the 120 -> 140 fan adapters, this is time consuming because I have to use the weather stripping in certain areas and it has to be precise as I don't want to much of the sticky side exposed or else it will heavily attract dust!

I'll update later tonight.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I finely got the second SR1 560 installed, I can't believe I have 60mm clearance between the radiators! Also I have 92mm clearance between the threaded 1/4" inlet/outlet ports between both radiators, that's just amazing! Next is the pluming, I want to use some dual VID adjustable connectors with either 1-2 Slot Spacing connectors on each side with a 3-way T fitting in the center to allow the use of a drain plug. I'm thinking that I could also have the ports at opposite ends so one port could be right under the GPU and come up through to the GPU using a Koolance QDC and the other port nearest to the pump, suggestion wanted!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbs View Post

You could try these filters there awesome IMO. I have OCD so yeah lol. I got a total of 11 filters on my case.
WHo is the vendor and what is the make and model number of those filters ?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts