Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to my next mod, I have been planning this one for a while and seeing as I have now finished Sour Apple it is time to start again. This time I am going above and beyond the 'standard' G5 mod which IMHO is overdone and a bit boring. What I have planned is going to take the G5 to the next level, the only thing I will say is 2 480mm radiators and a 240mm radiator, go figure...

I have just collected 4 G5s in varying condition, 3 of them have severely damaged feet and they have their fair share of dents and dings although that is not a problem for what I have planned. All 4 G5s will be involved in the mod so this should be exciting
biggrin.gif

I have begun stripping them down and found that two of them are the watercooled ones which is pretty awesome. I have a 1.8Ghz, a 2Ghz which are the older models and then I have two 2005 models, a 2.3Ghz and a 2.5Ghz of which one is a quad core model. The 2.5Ghz one actually has all of its parts so might boot up but I have no power cable for it. However between the lot of them I should be able to scrape together a working system, the 2.5Ghz also came with a 750GB Hard Drive which is pretty nice
smile.gif

As of yet I have a vague idea of what parts I want to put in it but I cannot decide on a color scheme, red black and white would work best with the parts I have picked but it is far too cliche so I am trying to think of something else, suggestions are welcome! Perhaps just black and white would look good I am not sure.

Any suggestions for a name are welcomed too!

·
Fusion is Future
1,393 Posts
Sub sub
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardnerphotos View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffinslaw View Post

Will the 480's be internal? If so, that won't be possible. Case isn't large enough.

-Jeffinslaw
Yes they will be.

Oh is it
wink.gif
Ummm...
kookoo.gif
it is impossible... Did you measure properly? Trust me, I would know! I can get some pictures of my mod for you.

* Height: 20.1 inches (51.1 cm)
* Width: 8.1 inches (20.6 cm)
* Depth: 18.7 inches (47.5 cm)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Ummm...
kookoo.gif
it is impossible... Did you measure properly? Trust me, I would know! I can get some pictures of my mod for you.

* Height: 20.1 inches (51.1 cm)
* Width: 8.1 inches (20.6 cm)
* Depth: 18.7 inches (47.5 cm)
Haha trust me its possible, just wait and see...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra-m-a-n View Post

Subbed!

cause you do great work!
Thanks man appreciate it
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Aww now I see the point to buying four cases. Alright, very interested.

-Jeffinslaw
Haha see it all fits together now
wink.gif
yup its gonna be a cut and shut job
smile.gif

·
Registered
64 Posts
Subbed, always had a soft spot for G5 case mods and can't wait to see this one happen.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Really looking forward to this. Subbed all the way.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts