Overclock.net banner

What do you want to see next?

• Motherboard rotation mod

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • GPU (would be a 7950 until I upgrade to trinity)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • RAM (2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally building this rig, an AMD APU/GPU rig with Corsair parts in a Bitfenix Prodigy modded by Performance-PC's and then by myself (in the near future). The mods I do will include interior accent painting, custom SSD mounts, a rotated motherboard tray for 3-slot GPU's and a better view of the internals, and possibly customization of the CPU cooler and GPU HSF. I may also get custom printed stickers for the 2 SSD's and the CPU block. Lots of ideas.

Parts List
AMD A10 6800k
Gigabyte F2A85XN-Wifi FM2 AMD A85X (F2A88XN-Wifi pre-ordered to replace it and support a Kaveri APU)
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz (red)
Asus DC2 R9 270x (mayyyybe a 280x), I will probably be getting a 3-slot card, but it isn't for sure.
Corsair AX650
Crucial M4 128GB x2 (RAID 0)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
120mm, 140mm, 200mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Red LED
Corsair H90

Peripherals:
Mionix Naos 3200 (probably, but I am not entirely sure)
Razer BlackWidow Tournament
40" 1080P Spectre TV (This is my secondary PC setup in my apartment, functioning as an entertainment/media/casual gaming rig.

Please comment, sub and leave any suggestions! I'd love to hear what kinds of mods you'd want to see.

·
back at it
4,765 Posts
omg subbed phillyd!

btw i would vote for

i5 2500k
ASRock z77-E ITX
2x4GB Corsair Dominator 1866MHz (red)

but if i were you i would get the 3570K+Z77N from gigabyte and the awesome ram from samsung. just sayin
tongue.gif

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Got case pics.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've decided that I'm going to cut back. I keep running the numbers and I have over $1,100 before the SSD.
I might cut back to FM2 and get an A10, unless AMD gets an ITX AM3+ motherboard. I am going to wait on the SSD and I might just use spare RAM for a while too. Besides, the Switch[Box] still has monetary precedence, and I still have some $900 to spend on that. Geeze I need another job.

·
back at it
4,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

I've decided that I'm going to cut back. I keep running the numbers and I have over $1,100 before the SSD.
I might cut back to FM2 and get an A10, unless AMD gets an ITX AM3+ motherboard. I am going to wait on the SSD and I might just use spare RAM for a while too. Besides, the Switch[Box] still has monetary precedence, and I still have some $900 to spend on that. Geeze I need another job.
well i kinda have to support you on your FM2 decision, because im in the same position lol. if i ever find a ITX mobo for AM3 or AM3+ when they are released (hope they will) i will size my rig down, if not i sell everything and get a ITX i5 (with ofc adding a few 100's.)

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here we go! Case arrived today. I'll probably tweak on this case until the Switch[Box] is almost done and then get cracking on this bad boy.

With my other cases, from the left is my Bitfenix Prodigy, NZXT Source 210, NZXT Phantom 410, & my NZXT Switch 810

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! I have no idea where I'm going with it haha.

·
Registered
831 Posts
dude how did you make that window so clean? i need to do this on my white one. more info would be so awesome
thumb.gif

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The cut? PPCS does the cut with a laser and then refinished the paint.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! Hopefully I can get the Switch done soon and get this bad boy up and running.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys! Sorry for the downtime, but here's a couple models I drew in sketchup of the mods I want to do. Complete internal overhaul. I apologize for the poor quality.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is similar, yes, but I've changed a lot, 1, it's ITX, 2, I have a disc drive, 3 who knows what I'm doing in the front,

1 - 20 of 53 Posts