Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have diypc gamermax blk case. Online it says it can fit a 240mm radiator. I accidentally bought an eBay nzxt kraken x62 280mm water-cooled cheap. How much of a pain will it be to mod the top to fit it?

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
So I have diypc gamermax blk case. Online it says it can fit a 240mm radiator. I accidentally bought an eBay nzxt kraken x62 280mm water-cooled cheap. How much of a pain will it be to mod the top to fit it?
From the looks of it, you won't be able to mod the top where the 240mm was supposed to go because the top I/O will be in the way.

But you might be able to mod the front, basically cut out the original fan mounts and remove the rivets from the hdd cage and make a new panel for 2x140mm fans with 15mm spacing.
Depending on the tools you have available this might be either quite easy or very hard.

But honestly, that case isn't worth putting that much effort into imo, so unless you really want to experience modding just for the sake of it, sell it and get something nicer that's made to fit radiators.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts