Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to find nothing on this on the web... i was thinking, can you run a pc with no case? Perhaps in a draw or on the desk.

Is this a stupid idea? Or would it work and help keep those temps down?

thanks guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point... Also just had another idea, i have a small desk/draw thingy. What if i built it into that? One draw for board, one for PSU and HDD's and one for DVDRW... How dose that sound?
PS. sorry for the stupid questions its just i hate my case and want something cool and different. I cant afford anything else for my pc as ive just spent my life savings upgrading it.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Just use your basic case mate... nothing wrong with a standard case; it's not what's on the outside that counts, you know

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00mike00uk
View Post

Good point... Also just had another idea, i have a small desk/draw thingy. What if i built it into that? One draw for board, one for PSU and HDD's and one for DVDRW... How dose that sound?
PS. sorry for the stupid questions its just i hate my case and want something cool and different. I cant afford anything else for my pc as ive just spent my life savings upgrading it.

Putting it in a drawer will increase temps very quickly unless you add some fans that bring in cool air. You could just buy a nice cool case like a P180 or Armor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anything is possible. Case, no case, case made out of bear rug, case made out of cardboard, case made out of beer keg, case made out of brief case, case made out of gingerbread, case made out of plexiglass, stained glass, wood, plastic, stainless steel, copper pipe, plastic pipe, aluminum tubing, plastic toys like K'nex, old cigar humidors, old game consoles, life sized dolls, motorcycle parts, aquariums, microwave ovens, TVs, toy trucks, model aircraft carriers, worn as clothing, scrap, furniture, hung on walls like art, refrigerators, tool chests, hope chests, women's chests, even seen one that was a mobile hanging from the ceiling. If you can think of it, my bet is somebody has done it. Even seen one that was literally a big blob of foam.

Get wild and go for it!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts