Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was set on a Lian Li, something along the V1200, but my wanted thread quickly turned into a discussion about my girlfriend and her open disgust with my Danger Den Torture Rack.

I'm considering that somewhat of a sign that perhaps I should open my eyes and look for other options. Things I would like...

Inverted ATX
Stock window, or window kit available (frozen's lian li for example)
Separate PSU portion
Hard drives oriented so the cable are against the side panel (not like my 1200...rotated 90 degrees from that)

I'm thinking Silverstone or Lian Li is my only options, but that inverted ATX made me unsure of Silverstone...I heard you could just flip their mobo trays/backplates, but wasn't positive.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, not the mobo flipped 90*. Not a big fan of that design, though I vehemently defended the science behind it in a few threads.

Inverted ATX is very similar to the old BTX form factors that were popular for about..19 minutes I think? When you're looking at the front of a case, if it's a traditional ATX form factor, the mobo is mounted on the right side. Inverted ATX flips the mobo upside down and mounts it on the left side. This allows for the video cards to be mounted with their heatsinks up so the hot air is blown to the top of the case, rather than be "trapped" underneath the card's board.

At least that 's the BS science behind it (and the Raven's mobo orientation). I just want it because I want a window on the right side due to my new apartment's orientation

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My mini fridge of a case is setup perfect for that. I'm modding it towards that end. Have another dremel(killed my first) and a replacement case that will be charity/xmass present in mail to work towards that.

I don't really know of any out of the box.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I don't know of many that come like that stock, but the Lian Li A05 comes like that, but the layout of it is a little more cramped.

A Silverstone TJ07 just requires that you unscrew the back panel and flip it over to make it Inverted ATX.

The four screws are in the corners, with the PSU plate and the motherboard plates being seperate.

• Rep+
Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maian View Post
I don't know of many that come like that stock, but the Lian Li A05 comes like that, but the layout of it is a little more cramped.

A Silverstone TJ07 just requires that you unscrew the back panel and flip it over to make it Inverted ATX.

The four screws are in the corners, with the PSU plate and the motherboard plates being seperate.

That's what I was looking for confirmation of...thanks!

Other cases that come standard with inverted ATX are any from the Lian Li V series.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikecdm
View Post

Something like the Black Pearl, but it's basically a Lian Li.

But it's gorgeous none the less! Haven't heard much about ABS though...seen the Canyon but never really desired for that size. Now that I think about it, I thought I heard Lian Li's were actually ABS knock offs?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo
View Post

But it's gorgeous none the less! Haven't heard much about ABS though...seen the Canyon but never really desired for that size. Now that I think about it, I thought I heard Lian Li's were actually ABS knock offs?

AFAIK ABS canyon was designed by Lian Li at first.

AeroCool ZeroDegree Has inverted and looks quite nice.

·
Science
3,485 Posts
Silverstone TJ-06 is stock Inverted ATX. I have it and love it. It cools really well for only having 3 fans

1 - 10 of 10 Posts