Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds like a irrelevant comparison but i've got a dilemma (although i think i've made my mind up)

I'm currently using this case :
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/115479

I wasn't into overclocking / overall computer tweaking until i joined OCN however i did used to game so i thought this case was enough..

Anyway, i'm going to get a phenom II processor and i was going to get a megahalem then i realised, it's about 40mm too long!

So i thought, i've got 2 choices..

1. Use a smaller heatsink (is there a small heatsink that would support quad core overclocking?)

2. Get the HAF 932 and see how the airflow + stock run.

I must admit, i'm leaning towards the HAF but that's cause OCN make it so irresistible!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruler View Post
I would get a smaller heat sink.
Recommend one that will be useful for overclocking quads around the 4Ghz mark? I've not had much luck searching and WC is too expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451 View Post
get a Antec 900, Antec 902, or Anterc 1200 for awesome air cooling
I read the HAF 932 is the 1200 equivalent, and the HAF's around £30 cheaper.

Also, from personal preference, i prefer the HAF in looks. But thanks for the idea

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruler View Post
You would get a higher overclock with a smaller better hsf then a better case and stock
Maybe
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835233029
I just measured up, 120mm should fit with around 10mm gap from sidepanel. Would that be ok?

Ps, don't mean to sound ungrateful but they don't sell that on ebuyer or scan

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.