Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some nice cases that have dual 120mm rear fans so I can mount a 120.2 or 120.3 radiator.

I like the antec 1200 but the 200mm fan ontop is so ugly and I really dont like it. I was looking for a lian li case maybe but cant find one with dual exhausts in back.

·
Registered
333 Posts
you dont need dual fans on the back to mound a rad. just use a radbox and mount the fans on the backside of the rad. unless you want the fans internal. im sure the grills in between the rad and the fans would kill your potential temps.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by twitch101
View Post

you odnt need dual fans on the back to mound a rad. just use a radbox and mount the fans on the backside of the rad. unless you want the fans internal. im sure the grills in between the rad and the fans would kill your potential temps.

I dont mean litterally mount it on the back I would use spacers and stand it off. like you see most people do. Kind of like the radbox the square you add to mount a rad too. I am just afraid that it wont hold the 120.3 I have already.

What I am assuming and this is my first water build is the 8 fan screw holes are ligned up with the top two sets of fan holes on the rad so all I need is long screws\\bolts and they lign up with the rad.

Also with lian li cases like the p7b plus you can pull out the mesh and there are no grills.

·
Registered
333 Posts
if the fan mounts on the case are mounted literally right next to each other they may line up but if they manufacturer decided to add a couple mm space between them your out of luck. im guessing cases will be hit and miss on this subject though.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChielScape View Post
Lian Li sells alternative top panels for their cases to mount radiators
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product...10&ss_index=74
looks like 15mm spacing
Oh man, I never knew they did that! I've been eyeing up a few li-li cases, but didn't know where to put a triple rad in one! Oh man, I'm totally gonna have to get an A70! You are the man!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that thermaltake case is neat but I stopped buying thermaltake products a while back they seem too cartoonish etc. I like thermalright and lian kind of plain functionality style.

The antec 1200 is where I got the idea so I know that one is 15mm I will have to email lian li and make sure but that is about what I was looking for. Now I will have to check out what cases these go on. I was looking at the pc-a17B and PC-A77B cases.

The antec 1200 would be Ideal but like I said with the thermaltake cases the 200mm fan on the antec is so ugly to me and I really really dont like it. it would be perfect with a plain black regular top.

thanks ChielScape its been a while on any forums since so many people were so helpful so fast. Now I am heading in the right direction.

I did get a radbox last night at petras tech its only 7.95 and it is the steel version on clearance. http://www.petrastechshop.com/swstmcrrebl.html

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I have decided I want the PC-A77B case It has the same dimensions as the PC-A7010 and PC-A7110 cases 220x595x590mm. The PC-A7010 and PC-A7110 cases have a optional top that holds 3 120mm fans it is lian li part number T-70103. When I look at this and the picture of the PC-A77 removable top they appear to have the same holes in the same spots etc. and appear to be the same. Can anyone help me confirm this? I emailed lian li and posted a question on the lian li forum. This is getting exciting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts