Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
roaming in his fishtank
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For now i have a system with external cooling, a big mora3-420 pro with big standing feet and my combo pump/res on it and an aeroccol xpredator II case.
And it become an hassle to move it all to maintain it and the case is not really friendly for cable management when you have 2 rx vega in crossfire with separate 8 pin power supply and multiple pcie extra card with lot of cable, i can't close the back panel now.
I already saw on another thread the big thermaltake w200 : https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002894
but i'm not really fond of thermaltake.
So any of you can give me more example of case that can fit a mora3-420 inside or allow it to be mount on the side without condemning the side panel, and allowing a lot of cable to be hide behind the motherboard tray, i'll be glad.
ps: on my mora, i already got rid of the right reservoir, it's good looking but a hassle to have same pressure/level in the reservoir.

Attachments

·
Tetrapyloctomist
1,708 Posts
Caselabs was an option, but no more.
Parvum custom-built is another, though may end up being even more expensive. Do you like plastic cases? They're very trendy nowadays! Sascasm aside, at least that one's still doable.
* check the '[Official] Heatkiller club' thread, there's a user named Paprika or something, he's got one tailored for MORA; you could PM him for info.

As to the W/WP 200, not sure how you can fit a mora in it exactly, unless you're up for heavily modifying the existing side panel or making your own? And where are you gonna dissipate a theoretical maximum of 1950Watts of heat? Inside the chassis? 'Bout 5cms away from the back of your mobo, blowing towards it? Why?
(am discounting any internal clearance/mounting issues, as am assuming you know what you're talking about and as such, that it fits)

·
roaming in his fishtank
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't put too much thought in how i will do it, i just watch if it physically fit for now.

·
Tetrapyloctomist
1,708 Posts
I didn't put too much thought in how i will do it, i just watch if it physically fit for now.
Well me neither, but a mere look at that side panel and the MORA tells me you're probably in for some modding; on steel at that; translates to 'ghetto' or 'money'. And that's excluding everything else mentioned above.
Just.. how much thought have you put into this? :)

I thought of another case that might fit the MORA btw, but their website is down currently; also an expensive solution. Check out Mountain Mods' cases page, they had this one config where it allowed for three parallel fan rows, think they called it "Water Barrel". I also believe it's attachable to some of their cases.

Regardless, if you ever find another case that fits, do post; academic for me, but am curious.

·
roaming in his fishtank
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have effectively really good product but all of them are based on 120 mm fan so no go for my mo-ra 3 420, if it was a 360 i'll be really interested.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Isn't the 1950W based on 25C ambient/water delta at some unknown air/water speed? 560mm GTR is rated at 2800W ( though no numbers specified for fans/pumps or delta T )

·
Registered
759 Posts
Isn't the 1950W based on 25C ambient/water delta at some unknown air/water speed? 560mm GTR is rated at 2800W ( though no numbers specified for fans/pumps or delta T )
Indeed. It's for a 25°C water delta, but I have no idea about the tested fanspeed.

·
roaming in his fishtank
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
on their site they said that the mo-ra are optimized for low rpm fan, even the industrial part. And for me , even with 2 rx vega 64 ,and a 1800 overcloked, my water never pass a 15°C delta.

·
Registered
759 Posts
on their site they said that the mo-ra are optimized for low rpm fan, even the industrial part. And for me , even with 2 rx vega 64 ,and a 1800 overcloked, my water never pass a 15°C delta.
What's your fan speed in that config?

·
roaming in his fishtank
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At full load on the gpu/cpu i think i have 20°c of delta max, and boosting the fan at 1500 rpm let me stay at that.
It's really a great rad , the only problem is his size ^^ and the hassle to move it for maintenance, because it's really heavy, even more when you put 2 big reservoir on it like me ^^.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Tbh 15c delta for mora3 420 is sort of underwhelming
That's what I'm also thinking. I have 2 360 GTS rads in my case and my watertemp stay at 9°C over ambient when playing AAA games. Fan speed stays around 1050-1150rpm for this.
Maybe his radiator is standing in a corner and recycling a lot of hot air? I think you should be able to stay under a 10°C delta with a big mora radiator.

·
roaming in his fishtank
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So since caselabs is out and i don't intend to buy a case from thermaltake, i think i'll try the homemade case route.
I have few case lying here and there to scrap a motherboard tray, and back panel, and have some skill and tools to work with steel for structure and wood for the panels.
Wish me good luck ^^

·
Banned
3,726 Posts
So since caselabs is out and i don't intend to buy a case from thermaltake, i think i'll try the homemade case route.
I have few case lying here and there to scrap a motherboard tray, and back panel, and have some skill and tools to work with steel for structure and wood for the panels.
Wish me good luck ^^
this is a extreme cooling system but it might give you some ideas.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/62-peltiers-tec/1651377-full-system-tec-cooling.html

it's cheap, and ghetto, but everything is mounted, and secure.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Hi there

Case which would house MO-ra3 radiator, unless you are go route of the something custom or scratch build then there is no case which would possibly house MO-ra3 radiator without the modification

I'm running 4*360mm radiators plus MO-ra3 360mm in Caselabs M8 with pedestal

Here is the picture of the Caselabs M8 with pedestal without the MO-ra3

15°C water delta T with single MO-ra3 360mm is bit high,although yours Vega 64 are higher wattage cards, in my case running only 4*360mm radiators with 3*GPUs rendering my water delta T would be in 6-7°C range, similar water delta T I have seen in [email protected] as well with fans running at 1200RPM,with MO-ra3 and 4*360mm radiators water delta T would drop to 2-4°C in gaming or rendering etc, highest water delta T I have seen has been around 5-6°C that's with fans running at 750-850RPM

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

·
roaming in his fishtank
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
15°C delta, is an extreme in my case, even with heavy gaming that draw nearly 400w for each card i'm rarely up to 10°C delta, the mo-ra3 420 is really a beast, and for it is only in push configuration with fan at half speed.
I think i will go with an homemade case that will be a mix of the caselabs and the tt of the first post,with the possibility of adding multiple big rad.
With the planning i made (in my head for now, i don't have any 3D program at all) it will be nearly 750 mm tall , 750 mm deep and 450 mm wide, with the upfront at 45° to house my aquaero and all aquacomputer controler.
For now, i'm only asking myself if i go with RGB fan or normal fan with a frosted led lighted acrylic ring. I intend to have 2 row of 3 of them on top panel and front panel.
The Mora will be somewhat centered on the right side, and i will add fan in pull configuration, i don't know either what will be the best , as i don't need really powerfull fan, to go with 9*140 mm fan (RGB because we will see them) or 4*230 mm (also RGB).
For the intake it will be at the bottom 2 row of fan (depending of the place that my AX1500i will take) so 2*3 or 2*4 140mm good fan. The back panel will also house intake fan, on i/o shield side, 1 or 2 140mm fan, on the other side up to 5*140 mm.
For the watercooling part i will change my koolance ddc pump/res combo by a homemade acrylic reservoir and a EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 Serial combo pump with the new D5 pump aquacomputer announce.
Between the motherboard and the reservoir, i think i'll add a waterway to distribute the water, the only problem for now is i never work with acrylic, so until testing i don't really know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts