Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a change for my ITX case. Might finally spring for a Caselabs Mercury. Curious if I went with an S3 w/o the 36mm extender / riser on the top, what would the max rad depth I could mount on a drop-in top (120/140)? Thanks!

Edit: fixed typo in title.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Maybe Jim will show up soon, its friday afternoon
wink.gif

specs say that there is 74mm from inside top to top of the 2nd bay, so that's a < 50mm max depth on a rad with a standard 25mm set of fans.

And I'd advise you to visit some S3 build logs

subyman

longroadtrip

Thrasher1016

P3nnywise

snef

and don't forget the Case Labs Owners thread

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Those threads also give me some ideas.

·
Enthusiast Cases
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beldecca View Post

Looking at a change for my ITX case. Might finally spring for a Caselabs Mercury. Curious if I went with an S3 w/o the 36mm extender / riser on the top, what would the max rad depth I could mount on a drop-in top (120/140)? Thanks!

Edit: fixed typo in title.
Pretty much anything:

So lets approach it in terms of bay interference:

To the top of the first bay: 32mm
To the top of the second bay: 75mm
To the top of the third bay: 118mm

HTH
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, turns out I have one more question: how big is the top mount drop in blank for the S3? I hoped I didn't miss it looking over the page. I'm hoping that there is enough room for either a 200mm or 180mm fan / rad mount on the top. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Labs View Post

Although it's not on the site, we have a drop-in 180mm fan mount for the S3. The only issue is that the ventilation holes don't really line up with it.
Now you're really starting to tempt me into a new case. How would I order this top (maybe in addition to a 120/140 drop in)? Do you think a 180mm fan & rad behind the vent top would cause too much restriction?

·
Registered
707 Posts
So an RX 240 would barely fit in the top using push/pull without the 36mm extended top?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kold View Post

So an RX 240 would barely fit in the top using push/pull without the 36mm extended top?
Actually now that I look at mine, i think you could mount the RX240 under the drop in and be fine (as long as you don't have anything else conflict).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts