Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard any news on the new driver? Hopefully it will actually offically support the 6900 series this time around.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
It should drop before Dead Space 2, which I think is out on Jan 25th. Yes, it should fully support the 6900 series....I'm patiently waiting.

·
Premium Member
14,984 Posts
Shiz... I need a HD6950 2GB now, I need the memories for da Oblivionz, and they keep improving performance on those

I want to sell my HD5870. Anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tig Ol Bitties
View Post

Don't know how accurate this is, but here's news of the driver coming out today:
http://www.legitreviews.com/news/9866/

I think they Fat Fingered their article and mean "10.12a" seeing as how 2011 drivers don't exist to be hot-fixed.

I'd like to be wrong though.

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,031 Posts

·
Chief of Snark
1,333 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skripka
View Post

I think they Fat Fingered their article and mean "10.12a" seeing as how 2011 drivers don't exist to be hot-fixed.

But 10.12a is already out, to fix 69xx hardware recognition.

Do you mean 10.12b?

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf15
View Post

But 10.12a is already out, to fix 69xx hardware recognition.

Do you mean 10.12b?

Ooops. I missed that.

Still the point still holds then-why are they releasing an 11.1 hotfix when 11.1 don't exist in the wild?

·
Chief of Snark
1,333 Posts
If it's 11.1, I doubt it's really a "hotfix". 11.1 was (according to most tech sites) the next major Catalyst release.

Of course, as usual, it's rumor until it happens.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
The hotfix changes is only correcting the tessellation (or there lack of) in 11.1?

11.1 drivers are shaping up to be epic in performance. I've seen OCN posts mentioning performance improvements for even 5800 cards!

Wonder if we will need Catalyst App Profiles in order to use the AMD Optimized Tessellation feature, even if we have single cards...

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artikbot
View Post

Shiz... I need a HD6950 2GB now, I need the memories for da Oblivionz, and they keep improving performance on those

Don't think 2GB vram makes a difference in modded Oblivion. I tried with ASUS 5870 Matrix 2GB and the game was still laggy as hell (QTP3 + RAEVWD). The Oblivion engine is unoptimized, that's the issue.

·
Premium Member
14,984 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautilus
View Post

Don't think 2GB vram makes a difference in modded Oblivion. I tried with ASUS 5870 Matrix 2GB and the game was still laggy as hell (QTP3 + RAEVWD). The Oblivion engine is unoptimized, that's the issue.

I have QTP3, modified water algorythm (no longer petrol-looking water), modified bodies, modified lighting engine, modified HDR engine, DMC Stylish anims, open cities, better cities (all of them) and infinite viewing distance.

And on horse the game lags AS HELL because it constantly dumps textures onto the poor VRAM

Yeah, it's an enigne issue too. It can't handle such a shizload of processing power either >.>

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautilus
View Post

Anytime now...

Bad Nautilus.

Wait til after Foldathon to play with New Shiny.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artikbot
View Post

Damn you consumerism.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts