Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is old news, but I stumbled upon Terry Makedon's twitter page when searching for the new Catalyst drivers. He tweeted that the new drivers will be available on Dec. 16th.

For those of you who don't know who he is, or to at least add legitimacy to this post, he is the Software Product Manager for AMD. This is his actual twitter page. Granted, while his views and comments are not representative of the company, this seems pretty accurate considering the release of 9.11 almost a month prior to this date.

Twitter "Confirmation"

About Terry Makedon

Note: This is not news.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Thanks... really been waiting for these.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Finally.

·
Married people build too
1,494 Posts
This is going to include the hotfix for Dirt 2 right? I'm currently using 9.12 beta because 9.11 has that missing texture problem in Borderlands (and stutters in that game).

But 9.12 beta still has the problem of not using my second video card in CF. Hopefully, 9.12 will be the Catalyst I've been waiting for (for MONTHS) that finally gets it all right.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothjk View Post
This is going to include the hotfix for Dirt 2 right? I'm currently using 9.12 beta because 9.11 has that missing texture problem in Borderlands (and stutters in that game).

But 9.12 beta still has the problem of not using my second video card in CF. Hopefully, 9.12 will be the Catalyst I've been waiting for (for MONTHS) that finally gets it all right.
Yea, it will include the DiRT 2 hotfix. All those beta drivers and hotfix drivers will be void after this.

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's to hoping they implemented some of the bug issues I notated for them on their forums. I know Prince of Persia for example has some strange issues that disallow me to complete my game.

By the way, for those of you who stumble upon this thread, whenever you find a bug/driver issue please report it to AMD. The best way for them to find out about issues and to make their drivers better is for you to report the problems. Far too often people complain about something not being implemented in a driver release when they never informed the company of the issue.

(FWIW)

·
Registered
421 Posts
I am new to ATI...

Will I have to manually uninstall the old drivers, use driversweeper and install the new ones.

Or will I just download and overwrite the current 9.11 drivers?

Sorry for the uber n00bish question.

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShtSh00ttr View Post
Cant wait!!! Hope its not pushed back
Even if it was, it wouldn't be for long.

·
PC Gamer
3,899 Posts
i hope these new drivers are more optimized for GTA IV so i can play on high settings again

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
Be nice to see official 9.12's. I've been using the beta's for awhile.

Maybe it will fix my ongoing crossfire issue...

·
PC Evangelist
46,962 Posts
My cards loved 9.11.Hope these are as good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts