Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm need of some advice...I run a xfire with two 6950, 2gb + 1gb, and I'm trying to understand if it's better to stick with the old Crimson drivers, which I've no problems with, or go Catalyst, which I've tried but gave some xfire problems. Thanks.

·
Programmer
28,676 Posts
Either will do. CFX is only having issues in "recent" games.

·
Programmer
28,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZazzaZ View Post

Catalyst had issues in a "recent" game while Crimson didn't...
So go with Crimson then?

Your question is a bit like, Pepsi or Cola.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

So go with Crimson then?

Your question is a bit like, Pepsi or Cola.
Yeah, I know it may sound like that but my concern is about a software, Crimson, that won't be updated because it won't support my graphic cards that I don't plan to change any soon. While the other will get regular updates but has its problem. I mean, if CFX worked with Crimson why wouldn't with Catalyst on the same game ?

·
Programmer
28,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZazzaZ View Post

Yeah, I know it may sound like that but my concern is about a software, Crimson, that won't be updated because it won't support my graphic cards that I don't plan to change any soon. While the other will get regular updates but has its problem. I mean, if CFX worked with Crimson why wouldn't with Catalyst on the same game ?
The game might have an issue with Catalyst but not with Crimson due to some driver or profile changes. Just stick with Crimson for now. It's newer and has full support for your GPU's. You may encounter some CFX issues in various titles released in 2015 and 2016. CFX is a bit wonky at the moment, for everyone.

·
Computer Arsonist
2,620 Posts
Yeah, I agree sticking with Crimson, it seems to be more stable with 6 series cards (My ol' 6870, which was handed to a friend, is loving the crimson drivers)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts