Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal to crush during auto tune in CCC?

because i just pressed Auto tune and went out for Burger king's (yes its wednesday!) when i came back my screen had the yello vertical lines all over it and its none responsive, anyone knows anything?

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
In my experience, CCC auto tune pushes cards wayyyyy past what would be stable in any actual game.

I'd take whatever it sets with a grain of salt - and if it crashes then I'd definitely move on to manually testing your clocks.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
So, you let the computer try to overclock the video card by itself, and left?!

Reboot and see if the lines are still there. If they are, reboot into safe mode and uninstall the driver and driver sweep.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol iv done it before .... on my old 3870 and it worked!

but lately iv owned the vapor x 5770 and ccc auto tune didnt work there as well

i am ocing through AB but i just thought id give it a try ;P

·
Registered
930 Posts
I used it on my MSI 5770 oc and I got the yellow screen also, but I could still use my compuiter. It may seem like it locked but its not, just hit the windows key on your keyboard and you can see that its not locked.

This is what I got:

GPU-Z 0.4.0GPU-Z Validation vbsbc
Card Name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Owner: Lamont Submitted: 2010-03-28 02:23:59
Owner's Comments:
GPU: Juniper Revision:
Technology: 40 nm Die Size: 170 mm²
BIOS Version: VER012.014.000.001.034761 Device ID: 1002 - 68B8
Bus Interface: PCI-E 2.0 x16 @ x16 2.0 Subvendor: MSI (1462)
ROPs: 16 Shaders: 800 (DX 11.0)
Pixel Fillrate: 15.2 GPixel/s Texture Fillrate: 38.0 GTexel/s
Memory Type: GDDR5 Bus Width: 128 bit
Memory Size: 1024 MB Bandwidth: 89.7 GB/s
Driver: atiumdag 8.14.10.0735 (Catalyst 10.3) / Win7 64
GPU Clock: 950 MHz 1435 MHz
Default Clock: 865 MHz 1200 MHz
Overclock: +10% +20%

·
Registered
382 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lshuman
View Post

I used it on my MSI 5770 oc and I got the yellow screen also, but I could still use my compuiter. It may seem like it locked but its not, just hit the windows key on your keyboard and you can see that its not locked.

This is what I got:

GPU-Z 0.4.0GPU-Z Validation vbsbc
Card Name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Owner: Lamont Submitted: 2010-03-28 02:23:59
Owner's Comments:
GPU: Juniper Revision:
Technology: 40 nm Die Size: 170 mm²
BIOS Version: VER012.014.000.001.034761 Device ID: 1002 - 68B8
Bus Interface: PCI-E 2.0 x16 @ x16 2.0 Subvendor: MSI (1462)
ROPs: 16 Shaders: 800 (DX 11.0)
Pixel Fillrate: 15.2 GPixel/s Texture Fillrate: 38.0 GTexel/s
Memory Type: GDDR5 Bus Width: 128 bit
Memory Size: 1024 MB Bandwidth: 89.7 GB/s
Driver: atiumdag 8.14.10.0735 (Catalyst 10.3) / Win7 64
GPU Clock: 950 MHz 1435 MHz
Default Clock: 865 MHz 1200 MHz
Overclock: +10% +20%

Hi, I also used the ccc auto tune, (I also have a AMD 965BE o/c to 3.69 and a ATI HD 5770 card), just a few hours ago. It set me to 940 or 945MHz but left my Mem Clock at 1200!?

So I made the Genius move of pressing that button, (re-auto tuning), and the system started auto tuning from the default again. But this time I saw that it had got to at least 945 and then I was called over to the other room by my wife.

I was only gone a minute but when I got back, the computer was restarting. Then, as it completed the loading of my desktop Icons it suddenly crashed and went back to restarting!

I have not successfully started the computer since then! I can’t keep it open long enough to set my CCC back to a position that will not be so unstable. I can start in Safe Mode but I don’t know what to do when I’m in that mode.

I tried going back in time with a restore point that was set 3 days ago but still no luck. I’m desperate for any suggestions that I can get on how to turn back the GPU so I can keep the computer on!

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, 8gigs ram and I already stated my CPU and GPU specs.

I used the AOD in “Novice†mode and ran the Auto Clock for the CPU. That worked nicely and brought my 965 from 3.391 to 3.691. That has been running like this since yesterday.

But the GPU setting is what I think the problem is. I just can’t keep the computer open long enough to turn it back. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
382 Posts
For anyone who may come up on my question, I realize that these are old posts and was just taking a stab in the dark in the hope for a suggestion. However, I did resolve the problem.

For whom ever is interested or has the same trouble, I restarted the computer in Safe mode and retried the restore point that I thought I tried, (as I had written in the post), and it worked! The computer brought the CPU & GPU back to their defaults where they were 3 days ago.

I then opened AOD and loaded the profile that I had saved after I overclocked it. The GPU was at 940 when I tried a second Auto Tune and got myself in that mess. Apparently, it was at 940 when I initially saved the AOD Profile and so was reinstated to 940MHz when I reloaded that profile in AOD.

Still, the memory clock is still at 1200 and that was what I was hoping would be OC'd when I pressed Auto Tune for the second time and started this mess. From what I read, GPU-Z does not advertise that it can OC the GPU but only that it monitors the card and reports various temps and power use.

I know I read somewhere about a GPU OC program that had a Novice user Auto-Tune option like the ATI CCC. But I haven't found it yet. That's what I need, I think, in order to OC the Memory Clock of the GPU. But as of right now I'm not sure about anything.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingclip;13218120
I know I read somewhere about a GPU OC program that had a Novice user Auto-Tune option like the ATI CCC. But I haven't found it yet. That's what I need, I think, in order to OC the Memory Clock of the GPU. But as of right now I'm not sure about anything.
I wouldn't trust auto tune. OC'ing a GPU is fairly easy. Heres a link to a sticky that will tell you pretty much all you need.

http://www.overclock.net/amd-ati/633816-how-overclock-your-ati-gpu.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.