Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried uninstalling my ATI drivers so I could upgrade to 6.1 drivers (from 5.7). I ran the uninstall utility, then went into safe mode and ran Driver Cleaner.

Now I can't install 6.1. The isntaller runs and I restart my computer when it asks me to, but the drivers arent "loaded". I noticed that ATI CCC was still in the Add/Remove Programs list. I tried to uninstall that and got an error. (Actually, there are two entries for ATI CCC, each gives a different error when I try to uninstall it - see screenshots). And for somereason, one is like 5mb and one is 50mb. (Again, see screenshots)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: I got the 6.1 drivers installed, but I have no ATI CCC. I'm confused...

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
OMG
i'm having the same problems. I try to uninstall the CCC and I get the second error that you posted the screen shot for.

I used Driver Cleaner pro and it seemed to get rid of the files, but I cannot get the CCC to load anymore after updateing to 6.2

Then I uninstalled the drivers and went with Omege 6.1 and it works fine.

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowman8904

Bump. Please Help.

You need to use ATI Clean available from the ATI website directly--it will uninstall all the components--I have had the same issue and resolved it in that manner--goodluck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.