Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the problem . my cd rom is dected and intsalled and mapped as "g" . ive tried all the normal stuff . my question is how do i re-map it to read as 'd' . i think i messed it up creating a virtual drive with alcohol . .any ideas on how to fix it? nm i did a system restore and fixed it

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Alcohol messed up my drive mappings as well, it creates its virutal devices before the drive letters are assigned to the physical devices.

First thing to do is to change the virtual device letter to something other than D, if that is what it is now. You should be able to do that by right-clicking on it and messing with the properties inside of Alcohol.

To set a fixed drive letter in Windows XP, go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management. Expend the Storage section and select Disk Management. Find the device you want to modify in the bottom right pane, right click it, and select "Change Drive Letter and Properties". Voila.

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
You can also just change the destination of the drive by going to the my computer icon then right click on it then click on manage then a window will appear then find you cd riter drive den change its destination....trust it aint hard

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Same Computer Management application, just a different way to get it launched. It is probably easier to remember your way for some people, I guess I have just been dealing with the Control Panel for so long that it's second nature to me now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts