Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
404 Title Not Found
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just want some input on this.. I bought a celeron 430 to play around with, have for this spare board, Abit ip35-e. I would have gotten another 5200 or similar but the board has an older bios an I'm kinda short on money.

I had a few minutes and threw it in the board and immediately went into the bios and upped the bus to achieve 3ghz. I didn't mess with voltage or anything aside from adjusting the ram down to be around 800mhz. I didn't really expect it to boot, being 1.2ghz faster than stock and no voltage adjustment, but to my amazement it loaded past the bios (didn't even hook up a HD yet, will do that tonight).

Anyway I would like to know how far people have OC'd these. Also, currently I only have the stock cooler on it but its pretty cold in my basement.

·
Kickin n screamin
1,776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XAslanX
View Post

I was able to pull this off with a 336, http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=480302

Yeah, the prescott celes could OC like mad.
I like the Conroe-L celes. They can hit anywhere form 2.8-3.6
I have an E1200 at 2.8 stock right now.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
My board and ram suck...I only got it up to 2.4....getting new ram soon

·
404 Title Not Found
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is 63 an ok temp?
I brought it upstairs and.. 63c in realtemp was max on 30+mins of prime. Turned it off because seems a few c too hot for me.

I have some AS ceramique grease somewhere, I'll find it and clean off the old junk that came with stock cooler. Seeming pretty stable at 333x9.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.