Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gill

socket 478, 256kb L2, 533mhz FSB
And on the box the name is celly D 325
is that all u need?

thx for the help

Umm, that's better... Sounds like a prescott core and around ~2.53GHz stockage.. humm little cache, though prescott core... I would say keep it under 60c, though it should never get that high due to the L2 cache..

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gill

ok well wen folding for bout 20 mins got up to 46 or sumthin. With that said should i OC?

Dang manual...

Shure, they should actually OC quite nicely (due to low temps and low FSB), celly D power here we come...

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
As ASUS probe is an ASUS program it is designed to read data from the sensors on ASUS boards, thus I can not guarantee the accuracy of it on your board. I would try another application to make sure the results are accurate. MBM5 or SpeedFan for example.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
If you use ASUS probe on a motherboard built by ASUS it is 99% certain that it will be reporting the correct temperatures.
To be absolutely sure I would run another program that can read the sensors, just incase.

The only thing that I can see would cause a misread would be the hardware-software reading of the sensors.

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
I saw a test where they compared the accuracy of different probes. (I can't for the life of me remember where now though
).

Wait, found it.

Probe Program Test

Quote:

Conclusion

The numbers definitely speak for themselves. The Abit software reported temps anywhere from 10-13 degrees Centigrade high, and the Asus software read anywhere from 5-8 degrees Centigrade low as compared to the digital probe. This is an ongoing study and in part 2 we saw the same consistent results with bios 24, Abit EQ, and a Prescott CPU. Abit EQ reported temps anywhere from 7-11 degrees Centigrade high versus the digital probe. There are definitely more efficient cooling solutions available to the enthusiast on the market today, but the readings should remain consistent whatever the hardware used for cooling.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Its depends on the BIOS and the hardware-software interface and also the accuracy of the sensor probes.

This problem may happen on certain boards in particular but it has not happened on all of the ASUS 775 bords that I have come accross, it may have been a problem with socket 478

1 - 16 of 16 Posts