Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a ECS p4s5a motherboard with a p4 1.8ghz celeron and 1 gig of pc 2100 ddr and a gforce 4200 that i have oc with power strip.ilike to oc my cpu but i dont know how and my core volt is like at 1.6 i thought 1.7 was normal is it low cause i have more fans hooked up? and i might have a low ps?i dont even know how many watts it is .i dont think this motherboard has a jumper for more fsp or volts .i know i'm somewhat limeted cause of the ram and motherboard .oh its a 1.8ghz 400 fsp /512 celeron
can someone give me a link for a free program for oc so i dont have to restart and go into bios.
i'm new to the forum and overclocking

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Overclocking through software is not accurate. The most accurate way is through the bios. Up the fsb which is probably under advanced chipset features or something. Make sure you moniter your temps. Probably dont want that celeron going over 50 -55 celcius.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Celerons are typically good overclockers since they don't produce much heat.. Personally... I havn't tried an older Celeron.. but it should Overclock just as good.. what kind of temps are you getting, Full load and Idle please.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Celerons are typically good overclockers since they don't produce much heat.. Personally... I havn't tried an older Celeron.. but it should Overclock just as good.. what kind of temps are you getting, Full load and Idle please.

38c at idle but i'm not sure about full load maybe 50c .when i try to change from 100 to 133 or 166 with the proper multiplier it has no efect even after i took out the jumper on the motherboard . i had it saying the cmos battery is low so i changed it and still the changes have no effect.i also tried changing the memory latency and speed xp boots up but i get screen blinking and 2 mouse pointers sometimes so i put the jumper back and returned to orignal settings .right now cpu is on 100/100 with 18x.i'm gona build a new rig soon but i just wanted to see if i can oc this old hunk of junk.it has been my gaming pc for 4 years now but its getting to slow cause the game is getting bigger and bigger du to patches and demands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts