Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what is the method to get all of this working together?

I ask because I've had bad luck using msi AB and CCC for crossfire.

I wanna use AB to OC to 900/1400 AND control my custom fan profiles AND to view the OSD gpu info during gaming. But then CCC keeps reverting back to 0% for power boost.

Also, separate issue, when I OC with AB, it for some reason never syncs my 6950's with the same speeds. During gaming, one card will be at 900/1400 while the other stays at stock 800/1250. I have the setting in AB to "sync similar gpu's" checked. I also have all "enable_ulps" in regedit disabled (set to 0).

If worse comes to worse, I would just use CCC ONLY and use manual fan control, but I don't know how to save that to a "gaming/3D" profile or if its even possible. I don't wanna have to go in CCC every time to ramp up the fans before I start a game.

I'd really appreciate any help on what you guys are doing with similar setups. Currently I'm on 11.10 drivers.

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dezerteagle323
View Post

Just what is the method to get all of this working together?

I ask because I've had bad luck using msi AB and CCC for crossfire.

I wanna use AB to OC to 900/1400 AND control my custom fan profiles AND to view the OSD gpu info during gaming. But then CCC keeps reverting back to 0% for power boost.

Also, separate issue, when I OC with AB, it for some reason never syncs my 6950's with the same speeds. During gaming, one card will be at 900/1400 while the other stays at stock 800/1250. I have the setting in AB to "sync similar gpu's" checked. I also have all "enable_ulps" in regedit disabled (set to 0).

If worse comes to worse, I would just use CCC ONLY and use manual fan control, but I don't know how to save that to a "gaming/3D" profile or if its even possible. I don't wanna have to go in CCC every time to ramp up the fans before I start a game.

I'd really appreciate any help on what you guys are doing with similar setups. Currently I'm on 11.10 drivers.

Download latest MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 8 then in setting tab under monitoring select all "unlocking...." and disable ULPS and enable unofficial Overclocking by following this guide http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338906 and http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338906

In addition this would help too:

1. Remove all CCC driver. Restart PC.

2. Clean it with Atiman Uninstaller v.6.0.0.msi. Download LINK

Run it with administrator privilege. Some antivirus software will give false alarm but it is just a false positive. Let it run and restart to complete the uninstallation.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Interesting thread. I have a similar problem with powerboost. Do not know if it revert the same second I use AB to overclock but every time the computer been to sleep I have to set it to +20% again.
Is there really no way to lock the power feature to +20% permanently?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but then you'd have to go in CCC everytime before you start a game and adjust the overclock and ramp up the fan speed, wouldn't you? Since theres no way to save that to a profile...

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyside;15218278
Sorry for hijack guys,

is adjusting power control +20 needed if your not overclocking?
In cases where throttling down core/memory clocks while running certain applications, adjusting PS +20% will minimize or avoid the throttling. It throttles down to stay within power draw limit set.

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyside;15218490
Thanks!

So do you think its good to put +20 regarding gaming?
There is no reason to give the card more power when it is not needed. If you see there is a throtthing down, try +5%, then adjust accordingly to get rid of the throttle. PS is part of Powerplay as safety feature too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts