Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0dkCR.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332166/namco-responds-to-dark-souls-pc-petition/
Quote:
"I honestly wasn't expecting such a massive support. My boss(es) even came to talk to me about this, after it explodes all around the world. If you wanted to have the attention of Namco Bandai Games, now you have it.

"The future is in your hands, and I hope you will keep supporting this. I make a personal objective to make sure every relevant people in Namco Bandai Games is in touch with this formidable effort."
So here's what happened.

The petition was started.
Signatures were gathered.
It was thrown upon the interwebs.
And now every higher up at Namco knows about the demand.

It's just a waiting game now.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
is it still too late to sign the petition?

Edit: Nvm missed the highlighted "petition" in the source

/signed

·
Registered
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe123 View Post

Now let's just hope people dont just pirate this game and disappoint Namco.
QFT!! Goddamn pirates...

I think they should make it available on Steam and give players who actually cared to buy the game extra content or such.
Quote:
An online oriented video game is also perfect for the capabilities of a PC. Steam would also be suitable venue provided the game is sold at a reasonable price for a late port. Steamworks could provide a strong and easy to use online infrastructure."

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
BRING IT!

namco has always delivered great games, and if they worked with steam to get their collection up and running through their network it would only improve their profit margin, once a game is on steam their is no more expenses in those sales for inventory (disk, shipping, manual, case, etc) only man power to maintain it and keep it updated.

no production, just development

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe123 View Post

Now let's just hope people dont just pirate this game and disappoint Namco.
Simple way of lowering piracy ( Even if only be 10-20% ):

Make it a steamworks game and for $49.99 ( With all DLC ) since it's been out on console for awhile. As for demon souls, well.. I honestly hope they port this first since it was the first game. That is assuming the two games are actually related since I've never played either one.

Heck just port both games and make it a pack on steam with all DLCs for 59.99. Instant buy from me.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post

If they do they're ruining their own experience to be honest. Online is what this game is all about.
I don't know about that, but it's an aspect that many probably won't want to miss out on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese View Post

Simple way of lowering piracy ( Even if only be 10-20% ):
Make it a steamworks game and for $49.99 ( With all DLC ) since it's been out on console for awhile. As for demon souls, well.. I honestly hope they port this first since it was the first game. That is assuming the two games are actually related since I've never played either one.
Heck just port both games and make it a pack on steam with all DLCs for 59.99. Instant buy from me.
A Demon's Souls port is unlikely. It was developed with assistance from Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and From's reasoning for creating a new, similar IP in Dark Souls was so that they could go around Sony and make it multiplatform.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox me View Post

I don't know about that, but it's an aspect that many probably won't want to miss out on.
A Demon's Souls port is unlikely. It was developed with assistance from Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and From's reasoning for creating a new, similar IP in Dark Souls was so that they could go around Sony and make it multiplatform.
I see. Did not know that.

Well Dark Souls is fine too
thumb.gif

Just make it a proper port ( Atleast proper controls and 60 fps support with AA and AF ) and a steam game and I guarantee it will be a huge hit.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox me View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post

If they do they're ruining their own experience to be honest. Online is what this game is all about.
I thought the online component was handled really well. Took time to get into the PvP side of it but once I did I was hooked.

·
PC Evangelist
47,496 Posts
Whats this game like? What other game does it compare to in terms of gameplay?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts