Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say : "you plug one end in to your PSU molex plug" Do you mean to really plug it into my PSU as in a MODULAR psu?! or do you mean plug it inside that molex connector that came with the PSU?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing;13029577
I smell a troll?? Anyone else???

And yes...you plug a molex plug into a molex plug.
That name is for humor purposes ONLY
tongue.gif

And how the hecks do you put a molex into a molex?

GIVE ME A PICTURE OF WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!!

·
Premium Member
6,030 Posts
Look at one of your fans with a MOLEX plug, Its a BIG squar plug on the end of a fan. It will be black or white in color, and have a MALE and FEMALE plug(the part with 2-4 brass pins is the MALE side). Just plug 2/3/4/5/how ever many you want into each other. Male to Female ends. then you plug ONE MOLEX plug from your PSU into the FEMALE end of the "Dasiy Chain" if you still want a pick after this PM me and ill see if I can get one up this evening.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing
View Post

Look at one of your fans with a MOLEX plug, Its a BIG squar plug on the end of a fan. It will be black or white in color, and have a MALE and FEMALE plug(the part with 2-4 brass pins is the MALE side). Just plug 2/3/4/5/how ever many you want into each other. Male to Female ends. then you plug ONE MOLEX plug from your PSU into the FEMALE end of the "Dasiy Chain" if you still want a pick after this PM me and ill see if I can get one up this evening.

YEAHHH. Thing is; what if my case fans ARENT in molex-shaped power plugs?? then what do i do.

·
Premium Member
6,030 Posts
There are 2 type's of Fan plugs. Most common is the 3pin, the other is a 4 pin. Those get plugged into a fan controler OR the 3-4 pin mobo plugs. The Fan will have a Female end. The male end on your mobo/fan controller will be 3-4 brass/gold color pins sticking up into the air. The plugs are "idiot" proof, only fit on ONE way. 3-4 pin plugs are forwards-backwards compatible...just to be clear, a 4pin fan pulg is not the same as a 4 pn MOLEX. 4 pin fan is small. hope this helps

Forgot to mention, you can get extender's to lengthen cables, Y cables to add more than one fan to a plug(do your homework first..can shot stuff out),and 3-4pin fan plug to molex adapters. google search any of those names to see what they look like

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing;13043461
There are 2 type's of Fan plugs. Most common is the 3pin, the other is a 4 pin. Those get plugged into a fan controler OR the 3-4 pin mobo plugs. The Fan will have a Female end. The male end on your mobo/fan controller will be 3-4 brass/gold color pins sticking up into the air. The plugs are "idiot" proof, only fit on ONE way. 3-4 pin plugs are forwards-backwards compatible...just to be clear, a 4pin fan pulg is not the same as a 4 pn MOLEX. 4 pin fan is small. hope this helps

Forgot to mention, you can get extender's to lengthen cables, Y cables to add more than one fan to a plug(do your homework first..can shot stuff out),and 3-4pin fan plug to molex adapters. google search any of those names to see what they look like
WOW thanks so much!!! sooo

Regardless that my fans are 4 pin (NO MOLEX) i can still put them into a 3 pin FC?
BTW I researched that this is possible on the motherboard (3 pin on mobo 4 pin fan)
only thing is that the 4th pin makes me controll the fan on the motherboard. (NEVERMIND)

·
Premium Member
6,030 Posts
Quote:
This will let you plug 2 3-4 pin fans into ONE mobo fan header, be careful, to strong of fans might break somthing. the other thing you linked is for plugging a 3-4 pin fan into a molex for power. Yes you need a 4 pin fan plug for the mobo to auto adjust the fan speed.
Another option would be to use a fan controller like I do. you can get the cheap and no thrills, or go fancy shamcy touch screen yata yata yata.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts