Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was trying to download a trial of 3Ds Max but I didn't want to use the Akamai downloader from the official site so I looked for a mirror. I ended up downloading from Softpedia I think it's called and Zone Alarm detected it as being a Virus. Anyway, since then I've used DBAN - Autonuke. I'm just wondering what are the chances of my computer still being infected, I had always thought that a low level format would remove any virus but I've read that it's possible for them to remain in the RAM if you don't unplug your computer from the wall.

Thanks.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotdoginapancake View Post

Hey guys, was trying to download a trial of 3Ds Max but I didn't want to use the Akamai downloader from the official site so I looked for a mirror. I ended up downloading from Softpedia I think it's called and Zone Alarm detected it as being a Virus. Anyway, since then I've used DBAN - Autonuke. I'm just wondering what are the chances of my computer still being infected, I had always thought that a low level format would remove any virus but I've read that it's possible for them to remain in the RAM if you don't unplug your computer from the wall.
Thanks.
Well, was it actually a virus? AVG has detected oblivion as being a virus and "quarintened it". Since then i just stopped using any AV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts