Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by minusthirteen

can i change the BIOS?
if i can, will it give me more room to OC?

Well you can change the BIOS's settings, but you can't 'change' the BIOS. Just go into the BIOS and find you clock settings. ASUS is great for OCing.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You can flash your BIOS to the latest available, if that's what you mean.

You can use an asus utility for it (forgot the name but you can prolly find it on their site) to flash it from windows.

It won't give you "more room to oc" though, it might give you some options that weren't available to you on the old BIOS, but in I doubt it it'll be anything crucial to oc

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyde

You can flash your BIOS to the latest available, if that's what you mean.

You can use an asus utility for it (forgot the name but you can prolly find it on their site) to flash it from windows.

It won't give you "more room to oc" though, it might give you some options that weren't available to you on the old BIOS, but in I doubt it it'll be anything crucial to oc

what i mean is that i can 'take out' the BIOS chip..
it is probably made for replacing damaged BIOS chip but can it be replace with other type of BIOS..?
just want to know bcoz theres not much overclocking option in this BIOS..

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by minusthirteen

what i mean is that i can 'take out' the BIOS chip..
it is probably made for replacing damaged BIOS chip but can it be replace with other type of BIOS..?
just want to know bcoz theres not much overclocking option in this BIOS..

no, but you can flash it to a other version (highy unrecommed)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Well, you could. You could take it out and flash it to nothing. Or attach vampire clips.

But I am betting you won't be able to build another BIOS that will work

BIOS is built with tools from makers (Phoneix, etc.) for each application (motherboard.)

Unless you have been sitting around compiling BIOS builds, I wouldn't recommend it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts