Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to use a virtual keyboard or a peice of software that allows me to write in Icelandic?
Thank you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i believe that icelandic language pack is supported by windows.. so if you dont have it in yours try updating your windows, update should be under additional updates (or whatever theyre called).. if theyre not, click on the left side 'Restore hidden updates', update should appear somewhere between all of them..

later in region&laguage settings you can set the keyboard to have multiple input languages between which you can switch with the shortcut (combination of keyboard keys) of your choice..

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by krista031 View Post

i believe that icelandic language pack is supported by windows.. so if you dont have it in yours try updating your windows, update should be under additional updates (or whatever theyre called).. if theyre not, click on the left side 'Restore hidden updates', update should appear somewhere between all of them..

later in region&laguage settings you can set the keyboard to have multiple input languages between which you can switch with the shortcut (combination of keyboard keys) of your choice..
I've tried this already buit it still writes in English UK Values?

·
Registered
96 Posts
so if you found the icelandic language pack update and installed it on your pc, then you did smth wrong after during switching

so go to the control panel >> region and language >> keyboards and languages tab >> change keyboards >> add (icelandic) >> move up icelandic >> choose above icelandic

>> advanced key settings tab >> hot keys for input languages - between input languages - remember key sequence

ok to all

restart pc

keyboard has to be on icelandic when pc starts.. you can switch to the english or whatever is you second one, with key sequence

edit: actually i figured out now that keyboard support comes with win installation, regardless of updates, so you must have it.. Language pack updates are for display language of windows.. makes more sense
tongue.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts