Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I connect a Computer (not mine) to a HUGE LCD tv. Now its still in 1280x1024, and I can't up the reso through properties on the desktop. Is there anyway to get the Resolution higher? I'm not at the place right now or I'd attempt to update drivers, it has a Nivida 5800 I believe. Is the best the video card can do 1280x1024, because I know my video card is capped at 1280x1024 on my rig due to a small monitor. Any help appreciated. Also, the input on the tv for the PC is VGA, got a VGA plugged into a DVI dongle on the computer side.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by xshadowfeverx
View Post

Plug it into the TV side and go to the video control panel, nVidia Control Panel or ATI Catalyst by going to the desktop and right clicking and choose the respective panel.

I will try that, thanks. Any clue how I would know the native reso of a TV? Lol

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Markisa View Post
I will try that, thanks. Any clue how I would know the native reso of a TV? Lol
The software should show the native resolution(aka maximum supported resolution) in the control panel ATI's CCC. At least it did on mines. If you cannot locate it through there and you still do not know you can always google your tv's model number or look in the tv manual.

The model number will normally be either on the side of the tv or on the back of the tv.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts