Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murcielago77

well, i ordered one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT without really looking at it enough, and i get it, and notice that the connector doesnt fit anywhere. It seems its a server connector, and im wonder how would i go about making it into a 3 pin connector

Pretty easy to do. red(hot)-black(ground)-and sometimes yellow(RPM's).
If you are planning on using it for the XP90 i sold you, just reuse the pigtail off the Tornado fan.

But be caushes. Please run wires carefully. My wire sleave was laying against one of the top left heatsinks on the board and melted the plastic on to my mobo and zap.
I learned the hard we on Sunday.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lohoutlaw

Pretty easy to do. red(hot)-black(ground)-and sometimes yellow(RPM's).
If you are planning on using it for the XP90 i sold you, just reuse the pigtail off the Tornado fan.

But be caushes. Please run wires carefully. My wire sleave was laying against one of the top left heatsinks on the board and melted the plastic on to my mobo and zap.
I learned the hard we on Sunday.

well, i have another connector i could use, but could the yellow wire be white?

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Quote:

How many wires total ? And what colors?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

It's only a 2 wire fan....no monitoring. Just cut the splice thats already in the wire and wire a normal 3 pin connector to it. I'm thinking it had one and was modified with the connector in the pic.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sometimes the wire that transmits fan speed is not yellow, but white or blue. The color really doesn't matter as long as you know what your hot and ground wires are.

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
If you want fan monitoring, just get some nice 92mm off of FrozenCPU or xoxide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts