Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
I'm not sure if speaking of offering money for something is against the rules, but if SweetLow lets me I'd be willing to pay for the cert for a year if it's $100 or so.

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alya View Post

I'm not sure if speaking of offering money for something is against the rules, but if SweetLow lets me I'd be willing to pay for the cert for a year if it's $100 or so.
Afaik you need to be a company to have a driver signed and it costs more than 100$ a year. Though DigiCert costs something like 111$ a year. Nvm wrong certificates. Their prices are in 200s.

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melan View Post

Afaik you need to be a company to have a driver signed and it costs more than 100$ a year. Though DigiCert costs something like 111$ a year. Nvm wrong certificates. Their prices are in 200s.
$200 a year is possible as well, I'm not broke, considering I have a pretty steady income at the moment from this project I've been working on, though I'm pretty sure you don't need to be a company to have a driver signed because one of my friends got one signed, maybe I can talk to him about it because I'm sure I can dig up the cash...or we could crowd fund, if that's even allowed?
thumb.gif

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,800 Posts
Paying up for driver certs just to use obsolete hardware? Yeah, no. Maybe for that small portion of people who do use those WMOs and w/e, but this looks like a very bad investment overall. You'll be better off with money spent on something useful and just use test mode.

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by povohat View Post

As of right now, if you want to sign kernel mode code (eg: what hidusbf is), it must be done with an Extended Validation certificate. You're looking at about $450. Thanks Microsoft.
Ah you're right, didn't look up if the $100-$200 a year certificates supported kernel mode drivers, $450 is pretty steep even for crowdfunding, I probably wouldn't go into $450 for crowdfunding considering how small of a change this would be, it's not like we're crowdfunding for a new MLT04, $100-$200 for people to use a WMO for a year would be fine by me but $450 for a year just so 5-10% of people can use WMOs is pretty insane. Lets just crowdfund to revive the MLT04 series mice and modernize them...we could only hope, right?

You can probably just go through self signing it if you want to use it w/o test mode in Windows 7, dunno if it works on W7+ though, I heard past W7 that self signed drivers don't work if you're not in test mode but don't quote me on it because I could be wrong.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alya View Post

My dear friends, binaries are in public domain - you can do all you want. Include to sign driver and distribute it
smile.gif

Quote:
You can probably just go through self signing it if you want to use it w/o test mode in Windows 7, dunno if it works on W7+ though, I heard past W7 that self signed drivers don't work if you're not in test mode but don't quote me on it because I could be wrong.
MS unsigned drivers allowed to load in Test Mode only starting from Vista x64 SP1

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is how to enable or disable test mode which is what I think you need to do. I just copied this from a Microsoft webpage.

The TESTSIGNING boot configuration option is enabled or disabled through the BCDEdit command. To enable test-signing, use the following BCDEdit command:

Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

To disable test-signing, use the following BCDEdit command:

Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF

You need to open the command promp with administrative rights then copy one of the commands into the command prompt. After you have copied it into the command prompt you need to restart your computer for it too take effect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thx for the reply but iam already on test mode and it has still not worked
frown.gif
. the g400 does get limited from 1000 to 125hz but not the desired polling which is 500.
the g502 uses polling of its own and not the desired polling

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.