Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I want to change the TIM on my EVGA 680 but unsure if they will still honor the warranty if I need to RMA it for any other reason. Will it be okay to take off the stock HSF and change the TIM?

Also, I will be using Coollaboratory Liquid Pro which is known to cover markings on CPU IHS and nearly impossible to take out and make it look like new, will they check the die when they do the RMA? Will it be fine to use the CLP?

·
Retired
2,446 Posts
To the best of my knowledge using a third party TMI (or cooler for that matter) will not effect your warranty. Just make sure if you grab a new HSF that you keep the old one for RMA purposes as you will have to re-install it prior to shipping the card back to eVGA.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubnotub1 View Post

To the best of my knowledge using a third party TMI (or cooler for that matter) will not effect your warranty. Just make sure if you grab a new HSF that you keep the old one for RMA purposes as you will have to re-install it prior to shipping the card back to eVGA.
How about the CLP issue? Like because it is known to take off markings on the CPU IHS, will that be a problem when I apply it to the die of the GPU?

·
Retired
2,446 Posts
So long as it does not physically damage the die I cannot see any reason why they would deny your warranty. If you are really worried about it you might send eVGA Jacob a PM for extra assurance, but I am 99% sure that you would have no problems rmaing the card if you ever had to.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubnotub1 View Post

So long as it does not physically damage the die I cannot see any reason why they would deny your warranty. If you are really worried about it you might send eVGA Jacob a PM for extra assurance, but I am 99% sure that you would have no problems rmaing the card if you ever had to.
Okay, thanks! I don't think I will have a problem, the die is mirror finish so there won't be any markings there that they would need to verify with right? Unlike the IHS on the CPU where they need those markings to verify it is that chip you are sending in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts