Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eh folks. I've seen other mentions of this problem in here but the posts were 5 years old. Clearly it's still an ongoing issue as I've seen posts spanning 2005-2009 and beyond. Unfortunately, there remains a bunch of answers like "RMA the mobo" to "Check jumpers" to "Can someone help this guy out?"

This is a problem that has only recently reared its ugly head and not following any significant harware or software changes. No jumpers have been moved, the case (an Antec Fusion) doesn't have intrusion detection that I'm aware of and I'm left scratching my head.

I am doing a slight overclock on a 930 (3.6) on the mobo and have recently updated to the most current bios version as a way of trying to solve the problem. Apparently it didn't work.

Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
In this picture, look near the top left by the red header socket, under that is a blue jumper. Check in that location on your motherboard for the jumper in the position. If it is not there, place one there. If it is, check the BIOS settings for the chassis intrusion functions. You can simply disable chassis intrusion completely, it doesn't serve any real purposes for the average person.

Asus%20Rampage%20II%20Gene.jpg

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. The jumper is there but it's orientated the wrong way which I suspect isn't helping. I've checked the instructions and it confirms the orientation is wrong. I can't find the setting in the bios- any quick reference as to where it is located?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Oddly I can't find a chassis intrusion function inside my BIOS, but I'm pretty sure the hardware exists. Try repositioning the jumper to the way it is inside the picture and see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts