Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I was searching Google for a nice cheap power supply and I came across this and I don't think I'd trust it but what do you guys think they say its an alienware which turned me on to it, but it also says its refurbished, hence the low price. I did a Google search looking for a review but it came up dry.

It says it "80 plus compliant" but that means its not certified your basically taking their word that its efficiency is above 80%

Mostly everything at this site is cheap including the cases ($24 shipped for an atx mid tower) which would probably be the only thing I would buy from there(not for me).

I just wanted to get your guys take on this and if any of you have actually used any of their products.

·
Banned
11,136 Posts
Good. Alienware uses quality PSUs. I forget the one that my son had in his but it was really Hi Quality. I would say it is a good Buy. BTW Refurbed units are usually triple checked before being sold again. And they carry the warranty.

I did find this tidbit about this case.

May not fit in a standard ATX case, an additional bracket may be required

Try this.. Your better off with this one.
http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/...roducts_id=102

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
yeah it should work fine. i wonder if its a rebranded seasonic.

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
I would imagine that they use quality units. But the only thing that concerns me is there is no sticker showing the wattage on the +12v or the amperage on the +12v.

Another thing thats not so hot, is the warranty. 90 days, that kind of sucks. Honestly, I'd pay just a little bit more and get a MUCH longer warranty.

And do you really need 750w? What are you going to be powering with this PSU?

·
The Fabricat0r
5,933 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOmega
View Post

I would imagine that they use quality units. But the only thing that concerns me is there is no sticker showing the wattage on the +12v or the amperage on the +12v.

Another thing thats not so hot, is the warranty. 90 days, that kind of sucks. Honestly, I'd pay just a little bit more and get a MUCH longer warranty.

And do you really need 750w? What are you going to be powering with this PSU?

This eBay listing has a shot of the label: http://cgi.ebay.com/Alienware-750W-A...15212003r19362

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinji2k
View Post

This eBay listing has a shot of the label: http://cgi.ebay.com/Alienware-750W-A...15212003r19362

Right on, it appears to be a powerful unit. But the warranty still sucks.
I'll take my PCP&C 5 year warranty any day thats another reason why I paid more for these units.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma8750
View Post

I did find this tidbit about this case.

May not fit in a standard ATX case, an additional bracket may be required

I saw that but I know they used to sell the bracket but I can't find it anymore, doing a quick google search I found it here

I might buy it when I build my new computer.

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
I think you'd be better of getting something like this OCZ ModXStream 600w unit. $79.99 shipped, $59.99 after MIR, and it has at least a 3 year warranty, possibly 5 but it doesn't say on there.

But it does on OCZ's warranty page.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts