Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im cheap and i only wanna sepnd under £100 on WC preferably £90. So all i wanna cool is my cpu (skt478) and im not looking for an ultra setup im just looking for something better than, well lets say the TT Bigwater

1/2 Tubing is a must i think as without it im limited on upgrades. I live in the Uk and so it can only come from uk shops. And i would like it if it could all fit into my case if not then ok.

If it is not possible then tell me dont just leave me hanging.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Water cooling is not something you want to go cheap on. Your perforcance gain from a cheap water cooling setup is minimal at best against a Big T... But the cost increase and risks are much higher. Either do a quality setup, or air cool. That is my humble opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oric*

Ok so im cheap and i only wanna sepnd under £100 on WC preferably £90. So all i wanna cool is my cpu (skt478) and im not looking for an ultra setup im just looking for something better than, well lets say the TT Bigwater

1/2 Tubing is a must i think as without it im limited on upgrades. I live in the Uk and so it can only come from uk shops. And i would like it if it could all fit into my case if not then ok.

Thanks guys.

this is the best bang for your buck.. Yes it's a kit, but the price is really good for what you get... Umm, it is called "GIGABYTE GH-WIU01" if you can find it in the UK..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah you can get that gigabyte cooler over here its £80

Well i have a review of that gigabyte cooler in a custom pc mag and they said that it was terrible and that the gigbyte G-power was better,HSF, and it cost £50 less. So im a bit hesitant over that.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oric*

Thanks guys.

If you know someone in the states you should have them put a system together and ship it to you. It might be cheaper, and you could get stuff from Danger Den.l

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol now this is weird as i was just looking into that possiblity!

My aunt lives in the states so it might be a possability how much do u think shipping would be though?

Thanks

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
It depends on what you want to buy here. I'd say pick up the Swiftech Apogee cpu block, a Danger Den MAZE4 gpu block, Res or T line setup, and anything else that doesn't weigh much (fittings and whatnot). I don't know if you can get a Pontiac 77' Bonneville Heatercore over there or not, but if you can buy it there. I would also get your tubing and pump there too, because I don't know if you can convert our power setup or not. I found a great deal on a used Hydor L35 pump, they were asking $30 shipped in US, but again I don't know about the power thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.