Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have the CPU and fan from my old setup so that wasn't any problem and my dad can get a copy of XP from somewhere. I wanted my little bro to have nearly the same video card power as I do at the moment. I didn't know any really decent cards out there besides the one in the pic.

My question to you is, can I get this price down to around $375. Did I mention it's a Christmas present? He wanted a PS3, not gonna happen. Buuuut I thought I would do my part and get him something that he'll like better. ^^

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Would grab a VTek 4850 at that price. Not as cool, but a better performer.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh... might I add that he's 8 years old? I want him to have some kind of bragging rights to his friends but I don't want it to be toooooo powerful. If anything, I don't want it to cost any more than what it is at the moment.

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
HIS 4830. I know XFX has monster warranty and all but, being he's so young, this little card could be enough if you give it a friendly oc. Knock's a few bucks off of the price.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found some other RAM in the room here too. It's at 800mhz too so I just have 2x1 gig sticks on order so that put it down right around where I want it. ^^

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found that the Sapphire version of the 4770 was $15 less.
I'm all for XFX but I'm looking for low prices AND it's got a better satisfaction rating too. ^^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts