Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
I love my Denon AH-C551s. They're around $50 on Amazon.

I have not used CX300s or any other IEMs to compare them to though...

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashnburn_819 View Post
How to the Marshmallows compare to the Bass Freq's?
I was a little disappointed by the CX300's (but it was so cheap!
)
They are heavy on the bass, but can be modded to lessen that if you aren't into it. as much

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As it turns out, the CX300's are a LOT nicer than I had originally though. I was using them with my phone, typically what I use on-the-go for music. There was a "3D sound" effect that I had not turned off and it basically trashed the sound. Overall my Chocolate 2 just doesn't play good music.

Any recommendations? Open to better IEM headphones, a new phone or portable music player. I know its hard to compare to X-Fi+foobar on my computer but what's the closest I can get on-the-go?

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
For good headphoens at around $70 look at the following:

Ultimate Ears Super Fi 3
Jays S-Jays (Just bought these yesterday)
Jays D-Jays
Denon C551
V-Moda Vibes

if you want to spend a bit more, definitely get the Phonak Audeo PFE's
they are supposedly insane and everyone that has bought them loves them.

Search on sites like head-fi.org and anythingbutipod.com. head fi is basically the ocn of headphones and the people are really nice and helpful

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashnburn_819
View Post

For straight-up circumaural headsets, I have the HD201's and they're pretty nice. I'm looking for in-ears to bring with me when I'm away from my desk.
Thanks though

Yea HD 201s are a little bulky, but they're great when its -5 outside!

FX-33/34s(marshmallows) are great, but I just can't get them to stick in my ears, I wouldn't really recommend them.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

FX-33/34s(marshmallows) are great, but I just can't get them to stick in my ears, I wouldn't really recommend them.

I do hear the recommendation for the marshmallows often enough. I have a bunch of extra silicone fittings from other headphones. Wonder if they'd work...

Is it worth it to get a Sansa Clip? Its like $21 at newegg. It doesn't have a microSD slot but an FM tuner is kinda nice.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
SANSA CLIPS ARE AWESOME> BEST SQ EVARRRRRRRRRRRR GET IT NOW. lol theyre good
and thats a good deal
Quote:

View Post

I saw a pair of Vibes on ebay, brand new in box for $40

Went cheap and got the CX300's for $10

Which ones are worth the money?
Ultimate Ears Super Fi 3
Jays S-Jays
Jays D-Jays
Denon C551
V-Moda Vibes

You shouldve copped the vibes thats a good price. It all depends on how much ur going to pay in my opinion

D-Jays > S-Jays > Super Fi 3 >C551 > Vibes

the thing is, vibes are still awesome. i really like them

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I do hear the recommendation for the marshmallows often enough. I have a bunch of extra silicone fittings from other headphones. Wonder if they'd work...

Is it worth it to get a Sansa Clip? Its like $21 at newegg. It doesn't have a microSD slot but an FM tuner is kinda nice.

I tried some of my silicone fittings, but none of them were long enough, so the little rubber tube that goes underneath the fittings actually pokes you in the ear.

I wouldn't get the Sana Clip unless you absolutely needed to listen to music and nothing else. If you want an SD slot go for the Creative Zen. I used to have one and I though it was a pretty good little player. It accepts SDHC (I had a 4GB) but you can't mix music on the player with music on the SD card. The SD card is more for videos.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
also if u got ur cx300's off ebay and they were $10 theyre most likely fake. Which would be hilarious since you still think they sound good. I had the fake ones as well to try them out and compare to real ones and theyre decent, but even if u get v-moda vibes ull notice a huge difference.

On thing to know about both the vibes and the c551 is they each have this little hole in the casing to equalize pressure or something like that. And it leaks in alot of sound so no matter what tips u have its a bit hard to get total isolation. Its only bad on the bus or on a plane because they dont sound any better than ipod headphones at that point because of the outer sounds

• Rep+
Reactions: crashnburn_819

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by arekieh View Post
also if u got ur cx300's off ebay and they were $10 theyre most likely fake. Which would be hilarious since you still think they sound good. I had the fake ones as well to try them out and compare to real ones and theyre decent, but even if u get v-moda vibes ull notice a huge difference.

On thing to know about both the vibes and the c551 is they each have this little hole in the casing to equalize pressure or something like that. And it leaks in alot of sound so no matter what tips u have its a bit hard to get total isolation. Its only bad on the bus or on a plane because they dont sound any better than ipod headphones at that point because of the outer sounds
They were refurb (forgot about that
) which probably explains why they were $10. Any way I can tell if they're fake or not? They sound ok compared to my old Bass Freq's though obviously not as bassy.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Vibes and C551's.

My CX300's pass all these conditions. Is that a good sign?

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
yep theyre real then

1 - 20 of 20 Posts