Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i think the title explains itself... looking for a cheap watercooling KIT... i realize they dont come cheap so that's why i'm asking if anybody's seen a good cheap kit out there

thanks everyone
reps to everyone who responds with a useable comment...

·
Banned
2,363 Posts
i think you shouldnt go for a cheap kit go for a custom kit with dangerden waterblock etc i was going to buy that cheap globalwin one but everybody said it wouldnt be as good as a hitech air system

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so if i were to buy a pump thats not exactly used for watercooling, what are the specs as to what i should look for?

EDIT: umm exactly what should i look for in a pump... gph...stuff like that because i might be able to get a severely discounted one, brand new... i just need specs to go on so i know i'm getting the right one for watercooling

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah def reps i think im gunna do something like that, but custom... like a nice waterblock, but a custom pump and radiator, tubing, just a custom basic setup... ANY IDEAS ANYONE?

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

if your on a low budget why dont you just go for a hitech air setup!!!!!!!!

meh i wanted to do a h2o deal but i guess il go w. that if i have to... i mean it would be better to get a kick-arse air system than a crap h2o right?

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
xactly what im gunna do!
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

yep go with a thermalright hs and a vantec tornado fan with some as5

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
I could help you out, but I need to know just how low your budget is.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

I could help you out, but I need to know just how low your budget is.

how does 75 USD sound?

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atvkid1090

how does 75 USD sound?

Oooo, that's gonna be a tough one. Let me see:

Dtek Spiral or Dtek TC-4 waterblock = $25
Heatercore from autoparts store = $25
120mm fan = $10
Homemade shroud = $0-5
Mag 3 pump* = $35
Resevoir* = $25

Total: $120-125

* You can save money by going with a Via Aqua 1300 pump, which costs about $15. Also, you can make your own resevoir out of a tupperware container and save another $25. So, the new total would be: $75.

It can be done, just have to look around for deals and right parts. I would suggest spending a little more and getting the Mag 3 pump as the Via is not the best one around. It's ok, just not great.

• Rep+
Reactions: Burn

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
now the tough question: if i got the better pump, would that setup be better than, say, a air setup w/ a XP-90 and a tornado?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

Oooo, that's gonna be a tough one. Let me see:

Dtek Spiral or Dtek TC-4 waterblock = $25
Heatercore from autoparts store = $25
120mm fan = $10
Homemade shroud = $0-5
Mag 3 pump* = $35
Resevoir* = $25

Total: $120-125

* You can save money by going with a Via Aqua 1300 pump, which costs about $15. Also, you can make your own resevoir out of a tupperware container and save another $25. So, the new total would be: $75.

It can be done, just have to look around for deals and right parts. I would suggest spending a little more and getting the Mag 3 pump as the Via is not the best one around. It's ok, just not great.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atvkid1090

now the tough question: if i got the better pump, would that setup be better than, say, a air setup w/ a XP-90 and a tornado?

It would probably perform a few degrees cooler than an XP-90, plus, it would be a helluva lot more quiet too. If you got the Mag 3 pump, and were able to splurge an extra $25 bucks for a DangerDen TDX block, you would have a killer system.

·
Registered
299 Posts
dude for cheap cooling get a few nice fans and maybe a few extra heat sinks. a cheap water cooling setup is as good as a bag of ****. i was looking at the old aquagate when i realised that a couple more 120mm fans would cool my cpu to the same temperature lol. dont bother with already built kits. ur best option is the danger den. u can chose every individual component ill give u a link to my thread where i asked basically the same question and i got a plan of good danger den products that would make a good kit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts