Should I get H50?
or Should I use Air Cooling?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12..._Hot_Item.html

10 more dollars and you're set.

SB is pretty cool, it doesn't REALLY need water. Unless you want some ridiculous overclock. I'd just get the Noctua NH-D14 or the Silver Arrow.

EDIT: lol, took too long finding a link. Was out ninja'd by some.

Double edit: If you do buy from frozencpu, make sure to use pcapex as a coupon to get 5% off. Works out to be like 141$.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Rasa.

I am running the RS240 and it's cooling my CPU/NB/GPU, temps are GREAT for a single 240 on 3 blocks, GPU stays below 36c and CPU stays below 46c. I'm adding another 240 for room to overclock but the kit is perfect for a single CPU.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark
View Post

Rasa.

I am running the RS240 and it's cooling my CPU/NB/GPU, temps are GREAT for a single 240 on 3 blocks, GPU stays below 36c and CPU stays below 46c. I'm adding another 240 for room to overclock but the kit is perfect for a single CPU.

Under what load? If you download and run LinX and Furmark at the same you';; get some more realistic temperatures.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
I would go for air, if, like somone else said, you're not going to be overclocking a lot, but if you are going to be overclocking a lot, then +1 for the Rasa 360 kit

·
Registered
568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55
View Post

Under what load? If you download and run LinX and Furmark at the same you';; get some more realistic temperatures.

Prime95, 100% usage across all of the cores.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by clemson
View Post

With the rs360 could u do sli gpu's? thinking about WCing my comp but I also wanted to get another gtx 470.

That would really be pushing it, what speed of fans would you be using? Also, could you get the XSPC RX360 kit for just a little bit more?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Quote:

View Post

With the GPU loaded at the same time? What are your ambients? That's with your overclock right?

Negative on the GPU load.
This is not the system in my sig, it's on a Q9550/4890, stock clocks.

Ambient is probabaly 24c if not a hair lower.

I will add that the temps in Vantage (I know, it's not heavy BM tool) were roughly 36c GPU and 43-44c CPU max.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark
View Post

Negative on the GPU load.
This is not the system in my sig, it's on a Q9550/4890, stock clocks.

Ambient is probabaly 24c if not a hair lower.

I will add that the temps in Vantage (I know, it's not heavy BM tool) were roughly 36c GPU and 43-44c CPU max.

Ah. That explains it. I thought you were getting 45C load on an i7 @ 4.2 GHz and 36C GTX580 on a 240 radiator and I couldn't figure out how that worked.

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr0st.
View Post

SB is pretty cool, it doesn't REALLY need water. Unless you want some ridiculous overclock. I'd just get the Noctua NH-D14 or the Silver Arrow.

Well from what I have seen the thing about them running cool looks like some mixed up info to me. Most people I see are running upper 60's to mid 70's load in stress testing applications. Some get up into the 80's even. That may be considered cool to some but to me cool is like 50c or below.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Ah. That explains it. I thought you were getting 45C load on an i7 @ 4.2 GHz and 36C GTX580 on a 240 radiator and I couldn't figure out how that worked.

I wish!

I'm seeing 75c load temps on my i7 with 2x120 rads and the H70 block/pump. I am leaving the pump/block to blame. The CPU is the only thing in the loop.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts