Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just RMa my bad ZOTAC GTX 580. He was artifacting in 3dmark 11 on extreme details ( very rare ) and freezing with black flickering screen. So shop give my money back. And now i want buy again GTX 580. I got cash only for PNY GTX 580. Is this good brand? Or collect money to better brand like EVGA? I was looking for Asus EnGtx580 Direct Cu II but on some forums i have read that this card can be unstable on default voltages, clocks or bios. Something like that. I Just want good card without changing anything.
And i dont want problems like in Zotac i was have. Please help. Add extra dollars to EVGA GTX 580 or buy PNY GTX 580 ? Please help guys

·
Registered
456 Posts
Go EVGA. They have lifetime warranty and awesome customer service.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sew333
View Post

Hi all. I just RMa my bad ZOTAC GTX 580. He was artifacting in 3dmark 11 on extreme details ( very rare ) and freezing with black flickering screen. So shop give my money back. And now i want buy again GTX 580. I got cash only for PNY GTX 580. Is this good brand? Or collect money to better brand like EVGA?
I dont want problems like in Zotac i was have. Please help. Add extra dollars to EVGA GTX 580 or buy PNY GTX 580 ? Please help guys

I like EVGA better because its a good brand and most of their graphic card have a lifetime warranty, but some have 3 year warranty. If you buy a EVGA graphic card with a lifetime warranty, make sure to register it within 30 days to get your lifetime warranty. I think the MSI and ASUS GTX 580 are better than EVGA, PNY, and ZOTAC though, but they cost more, so they may be out of your price range. The MSI GTX 580 is the best one because it has good cooling and only take up 2 slots while the ASUS takes up 3 slots.

·
Registered
737 Posts
eVGA FTW!!!

They are awesome and will not stop to go out of there way to assist. Personal experience!!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by waldoh74
View Post

I now avoid PNY like the plague. I had a 8800GT from them a few years back, lasted about 6 months then fried.

Hi man. Maybe i buy your card Asus Gtx 580 Direct CU II. But this card is stable on all default without changing ( bios , clocks, voltage ) ????? ? You know what i mean. You plug the card and without changing anything card works stable?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard that ASUS DIRECT CU II on asus forums got problems on games dx11\\dx10 on all defaults settings;/

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
PNY is a good brand, I personally wouldn't spend extra money to get something over them

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So paid extra money to Evga? Or buy PNY cheaper? Maybe someone here with PNY GTX 580?

·
Nothing
4,191 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sew333
View Post

So paid extra money to Evga? Or buy PNY cheaper? Maybe someone here with PNY GTX 580?

PNY will work fine but their warranty service isn't that great. EVGA definitely has good customer service, they even helped me with a problem on a Saturday.

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by N3Xus
View Post

Go EVGA. They have lifetime warranty and awesome customer service.

EVGA does not have lifetime warranty in Europe. I don't know where the OP is located.

·
Mr.4way SLI
5,525 Posts
You do know PNY now has lifetime warranties in there products.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riou
View Post

EVGA does not have lifetime warranty in Europe. I don't know where the OP is located.

They don't? EVGA also has the "Step-Up" program, dont know if PNY has anything like that though .. I ordered a new EVGA GTX 580 today because i wanted to upgrade to SLi, and ordered the EVGA because of their "lifetime warranty" ..

EDIT: As far as i can see the GTX 580 got 10 years limited warranty in Europe.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
EVGA has very good warranty and customer service. They also cover warranty on GPUs that have aftermarket water blocks on them

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by H4rd5tyl3
View Post

EVGA has very good warranty and customer service. They also cover warranty on GPUs that have aftermarket water blocks on them

Does the warranty still cover overclocking? There was a guy talking about it somewhere on a forum ..

·
Nothing
4,191 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3tr0m
View Post

Does the warranty still cover overclocking? There was a guy talking about it somewhere on a forum ..

Yes you can still overclock the card.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts