Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeebus all the reading gave me a headache so asking the community for help.

I really don't care if its a rubber dome or mech (though if its in my budget) but mainly looking for nKRO or close to it.

Aside that, would like a volume control (eh I like it).

Would prefer a blue back lit but if not would prefer no backlighting.

Something on the bigger side if possible (unless pricing kills it).

My budget is around $100 (would go higher but no idea whats the best bang for buck).

Blah maybe I should start researching on DIY'ing a mech keyboard.

Thanks all. Please feel free to throw me more options.

But please no Black Widow suggestions.

If I can beleive this article

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?tit...ized+Keyboards

the BW will kill my ZXC and arrow kills which I do use (I do weird custom keyboard setups when I get into playing games).

If I'm wrong please correct me though! I was staring at it for awhile but if I'm going to spend anything this type of cash it better be worth it.

Edit: Would true 2KRO be enough for me? I only got into looking for a keyboard since I have more time to game. Its great, I can't crouch and reload (though I can't complain about my free keyboard, I "side-graded" from a wireless Logitech Keyboard/Mouse combo).

Also not sure if its the keyboard or some setting, can't run in Black Ops and reload and huge jump lag (sometimes have to spam).

Bunny hopping is a no go either. But I'm assuming its due to the keyboard.

I can't remember if the last keyboard I bought (almost a decade ago) was a 2kro or an nkro. If it helps, bought it almost ten years ago, I think I spent around 150 but I did buy it from Korea.

Just want something where I don't have to spam the shift key to stay running while doing any other action.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
deck are backlit. just check if the are nkro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,954 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone
View Post

You can have nrko over usb?

Yes, as long as the controller is designed properly. Most manufacturers don't however.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ch_123
View Post

Yes, as long as the controller is designed properly. Most manufacturers don't however.

Are you referring to 6 key roll over on usb, or full N key rollover? I don't know of many keyboards that actually accomplish this. In fact, the design for such a board was only recently implemented... not sure what you are trying to say here.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,954 Posts
You can have full NKRO over USB with a standard HID driver if the controller is designed correctly. The 6KRO over USB limitation is largely arbitrary.
 

·
404 ERROR
Joined
·
925 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by aynjell
View Post

Are you referring to 6 key roll over on usb, or full N key rollover? I don't know of many keyboards that actually accomplish this. In fact, the design for such a board was only recently implemented... not sure what you are trying to say here.



He means full NKRO over usb. The keyboard he was referring to (Noppoo Choc Mini) is the only board I know of that has this capability commercially right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,954 Posts
There have been various homebrew controllers out for a while that do it. Roll-your-own mechanical keyboard kits are all the rage over in Korea.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,124 Posts
Sidewinder X4 has had it for some time now. The Das 3 (the one before the Das S) used to have 12KRO. Nobody gave a rat's ass when Das (Metadot) dropped it down to 6KRO to get better USB compatibility and remove transposition errors.

In other words you guys are just confusing the OP even more.

2KRO is pushing it. 6KRO is fine for mere humanoids. NKRO is only for bragging rights.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,639 Posts
I simply don't have the patients to read that massive wall of text.

If you don't like the Black Widow then your only other option is the 6Gv2 if you want to keep it around 100$. 6Gv2 has fullNKRO, BW has 6KRO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ripster
View Post

Sidewinder X4 has had it for some time now. The Das 3 (the one before the Das S) used to have 12KRO. Nobody gave a rat's ass when Das (Metadot) dropped it down to 6KRO to get better USB compatibility and remove transposition errors.

In other words you guys are just confusing the OP even more.

2KRO is pushing it. 6KRO is fine for mere humanoids. NKRO is only for bragging rights.

The X4 was the only one I knew about, but yeah, 5-6 keys is exactly what you'd want for gaming. I can't think of a situation where I'd need that but it's nice to be able to ask anything of my gear and it deliver.

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,124 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by james_ant
View Post

I simply don't have the patients to read that massive wall of text.

If you don't like the Black Widow then your only other option is the 6Gv2 if you want to keep it around 100$. 6Gv2 has fullNKRO, BW has 6KRO.

Do you operate a hospital?

Don't forget the Rosewill RK-9000 - the cheapest on the block.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,124 Posts
? It's never been $120.

Have I ever mentioned the OCN Mechanical Keyboard Guide NKRO section is kinda confusing? All those blinking grids gave me a headache so I couldn't finish that section.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top