Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone construct a build that as as cheap as possible but can still play games like borderlands, portal, etc and they don't have to max out. I do not need you to include OS, monitor, mouse and keyboard.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really have an exact budget. This build is for a friend who kind of wants a new computer but is very cheap about things. He basically said he will consider getting one if he sees some cheap builds.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Athlon II x2, cheap am3 board, 2gb ddr3, and a gts 250, should play any source game at that resolution, and boarderlands.

Comes to $430 with rebates.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone who made a build. I guess the budget is going to be 300 -350 now. Sorry, he just now said what he would pay.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Ya that would be the best check best buy for sales in-store or clearance.. with the red tags. Or check Micro Center/Fry's for barebone computers to start him up with or Craiglist.

·
Solar Junkie
680 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pistons50 View Post
Thanks to everyone who made a build. I guess the budget is going to be 300 -350 now. Sorry, he just now said what he would pay.
Heya,

Let's build you a quality machine that is cheap.

TA785G3HD + Regor 3.1Ghz Dualcore - $106
G.Skill 2GB DDR3 1333 - $50
Corsair 430w PSU - $35
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB HDD - $55
Samsung DVDR - $17
Cool Master 310 Case Cool Master 310 Case
- $37

$300 shipped.

Add GPU.

I happen to have a Palit Sonic 8800GT 1Gb for sale.

And you hit $350 for a quality machine that can actually game seriously, not just `kinda.'

Very best,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts