Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, wondering if any of you guys know of a SUPER cheap (but effective) water cooling system. And where to get it (a miracle parhaps). I would like to know, becuse I am building a new system with an AMD 3500+ venice core, and I REALLY wanna overclock this sucker!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and it has to be able to work with socket 939 (i know very little about watercooling)

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
The ad on the front page is pretty cheap. I know someone that bought a kit and said it worked pretty good.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm...so how cheap we talkin here?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Man, if you really want to overclock, do some research. Just because something works for one person doesn;t mean it will look for everyone. I had to modify my case to fit my WC system. I don't reccommend any premade kits, just because you get what they give you. Go do some research, you can get a good setup cheaper than you think. My first WC setup was reougly $220 and it was custom. I have kept adding onto this over the months and have put about $280 into it including card blocks and a custom chiller. Look around and go with your gut. It's usually right.

·
Registered
897 Posts
First off, are you OCing the rig you have right now? Cus I can tell you you won't get too much performance gain with a "fast"(it's a celeron, come on) CPU and some bad RAM/mobo/graphics card. You may just want to get a zalman 9500(i believe thats right) or a xp-120.

On the other hand, if you're OCing another rig, tell us the specs, and then we'll see if water even worth it.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kagaos

Hello, wondering if any of you guys know of a SUPER cheap (but effective) water cooling system. And where to get it (a miracle parhaps). I would like to know, becuse I am building a new system with an AMD 3500+ venice core, and I REALLY wanna overclock this sucker!

How much are you paying for the 3500? The reason I ask is because you can now find 3700 San Diegos for the same price that Newegg charges for 3500 and there is a big performance difference.

·
Registered
997 Posts
If you want to go REALLY cheap,just skimp on the pump for now.

77 Bonneville Heatercore-$15

Via Aqua 1300-$18

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...al&sa=N&tab=wf

Swiftech Apogee-$40 with discount

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...ghlight=apogee

Home Depot 1/2 Tubing=60cents a foot

There ya go,cheap yet performing wc system. You can check out the reviews of the Via Aqua,it gets good reviews. Do keep in mind though,there are several members here who have hands on experience,and they did leak.

Note:A non leaking still cheap substitute for the Via Aqua would be a Hydor L30. I was just trying to keep the price as low as possible.

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewIt...roduct=HD09135

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not trying to thread steal, but would that setup be efficient for a 7800GT? Of course substituting the Apogee for something like a MAZE4.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You could make an inexpensive reservoir and submerge the pump in it, no more leaking worries...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would get an acquarium pump submerge it into a reservoir so all you really have to buy expsensive wise is the the block and radiator. Those are the two areas I wouldn't cheap out on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts