Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fired up FAH this morning for about 4 hours , was looking for someone to check my numbers over to see if there's anything I should change. 6970 at stock is the gpu. TIA :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply :)

I'm at the age where these diseases are starting to make things personal.

I have quite a bit of older hardware just sitting around , should try to make some good use of it.

Need to pick a machine, set a goal and start working towards it.

·
Banned
543 Posts
Fired up FAH this morning for about 4 hours , was looking for someone to check my numbers over to see if there's anything I should change. 6970 at stock is the gpu. TIA :)

Wow 91c is hot as hell. Why is it so hot ? With that CPU OCed you should get 60" 70's load wost case 80c and what not.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,768 Posts
he's folding, look at it like an extreme stress test. things are gonna get toasty near 5.0, specially if the PC is just stuck in a corner somewhere doing work in an old case with poor airflow & air cooler.

either way - the math comes out the same :D

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow 91c is hot as hell. Why is it so hot ? With that CPU OCed you should get 60" 70's load wost case 80c and what not.
Running a hamfisted overclock at 4.7ghz on a non-delidded Ivy bridge . I'm running more volts than I would have to - just haven't bothered tuning it yet. The cooler is actually doing pretty well all things considered, folding at maximum settings is very demanding.

Part of why I was running it this way was to make sure the little used but older motherboard , cpu and psu were up to the task - seems like it is. Next step is to tune it for efficiency ..... or possibly take the Linux perseverance test.....lol.

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like its pretty close to what you should expect from that GPU.

I was amazed at how much my 2080 will produce in a day and pretty disappointed in what the 3770K did by comparison lol.

My Ryzen 16 core cpu's are getting over 100000 ppd and the 2700 is doing it at 65 watts :). Makes it hard to justify feeding my old FX's for the amount they produce.

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Millionaire!

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Millionaire!
Nice! I think im approaching 5.. I wish I had 2-3 more cards but 2400 bucks for a folding rig isnt even remotely in my budget :(

Now that I think about it, does stanford ever contact people if they have research breakthroughs?

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice! I think im approaching 5.. I wish I had 2-3 more cards but 2400 bucks for a folding rig isnt even remotely in my budget :(

Now that I think about it, does stanford ever contact people if they have research breakthroughs?

Very nice - you'd really rack up the numbers with a set up like that.

Not sure about stanford's feedback system.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just sticking with running my 1080Ti at the moment (at stock and in w10), just happy that it alone can do a 1mill+/- per day.
Amazing production.

Hey hey hey. This is the wrong site for that. :D
Heh - I was pretty near the top folding clocks my Ivy could do :) .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts