Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Yup, good ole Fugger. That screeny is a little old. Him and another guy from Japan have since reached about 6.3ghz. Not stable by any means, but it booted into Windows long enough for a screenshot. Those guys are just absolutely crazy. Plus, the cost of a Cascade system is in the thousands of dollars, not to mention the power drain is ENORMOUS! He told me that if he were to run the Cascade 24/7 his electric bill would go up by HUNDREDS of dollars

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

Yup, good ole Fugger. That screeny is a little old. Him and another guy from Japan have since reached about 6.3ghz. Not stable by any means, but it booted into Windows long enough for a screenshot. Those guys are just absolutely crazy. Plus, the cost of a Cascade system is in the thousands of dollars, not to mention the power drain is ENORMOUS! He told me that if he were to run the Cascade 24/7 his electric bill would go up by HUNDREDS of dollars

Whats Cascade?

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Whats Cascade?

A Cascade system is a souped up hybrid of a phase change system. Fugger uses a 3 stage system, that is: 3 compressors using anywhere from 3 to 5 different refrigerants(gases). I am still learning about HVAC, so I can't explain in further detail, but basically it uses the first compressor to help cool the second compressor, which contains a different gas, such as R507, which in turn cools the 3rd compressor that contains yet another gas(or 2), like R1150. That is by no means a scientific explanation, but it should get the point across. Using a Cascade, people have reached temps as low as -150 or so. For more info, check out the Phase Change section @ XtremeSystems.org. Here is a pic that illustrates what I am talking about.

Edit: FYI, the pic below is a 2 stage Cascade system. 3 stages are not uncommon. It just takes the whole principal of a Direct Die cooler and takes it to another level, well, a different universe actually

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

A Cascade system is a souped up hybrid of a phase change system. Fugger uses a 3 stage system, that is: 3 compressors using anywhere from 3 to 5 different refrigerants(gases). I am still learning about HVAC, so I can't explain in further detail, but basically it uses the first compressor to help cool the second compressor, which contains a different gas, such as R507, which in turn cools the 3rd compressor that contains yet another gas(or 2), like R1150. That is by no means a scientific explanation, but it should get the point across. Using a Cascade, people have reached temps as low as -150 or so. For more info, check out the Phase Change section @ XtremeSystems.org. Here is a pic that illustrates what I am talking about.

Edit: FYI, the pic below is a 2 stage Cascade system. 3 stages are not uncommon. It just takes the whole principal of a Direct Die cooler and takes it to another level, well, a different universe actually

OMG - Thats cool. You are a wealth of information, Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

OMG - Thats cool. You are a wealth of information, Thanks

Anytime brother!

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Crazy, Nuts, Psychotic, it all fits...

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
If I were rich...I'd buy a plot of land and hire a bunch of random people, equip them with guns and such, and play a real life Unreal Tournament...who needs computers?

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

If I were rich...I'd buy a plot of land and hire a bunch of random people, equip them with guns and such, and play a real life Unreal Tournament...who needs computers?

OMG, WoW man, that's a little extreme don't ya think? Then again, I know quite a few people that need to be in a tourney like that, if ya know what I mean. LMAO

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Gotta have an outlet for my stress, right?

On a completely
note, anyone think we need more smilies?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
it would be nice to have a never ending pot of cash . i like the idea of ut sounds like a plan to me got a couple of ex wives i can send you to make a start as long as i get the green blob gun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts