Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZNracerx1989

I used CPUFSB to boost my computer 1.2ghz to 1.3 ghz.... How do i check the temperature and what should my temperature be at for safeness? I have an amd athlon thunderbird 1.2ghz.

AND... I dont know what the settings in CPU fsb are for so i just set the "frequency to set" higher. Am I doing this right?

google speedfan. its one of the best temp monitoring progs there is.
what your temps should be I'll be honest I dont know.
hold on a few thoe and some one else should reply that does.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
since you are using software I realy couldnt tell you if what you are doing is right. maybe some1 else can.

with your temps that reading maybe comming from a unused sensor. temp 2 is your cpu and temp 1 is your northbridge. what are those two reading?

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZNracerx1989

I get negative 57 on Speedfan... ***?? lol

and how can I change my FSB without changing my PCI speed? Because I heard you have to be under 37MHZ on PCI and the boost i can have is 111 mhz fsb.

and what about my other quusetions .. am i doing all this right?

maybe his mobo doesn't support the temp. reading? don't u need the right mobo that supports temp. reading from the CPU?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipnogg

maybe his mobo doesn't support the temp. reading? don't u need the right mobo that supports temp. reading from the CPU?

its possable, but the nice thing about speedfan is it recognises most monitoring chips, and does it on its own when it loads up.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
hmmmm i just d/l it. It says that it changes the fan speed according to the temp. I gues that's kinda nice.
are those things that say remote, local, and HD the temp? they read like 50, 30, and stuff.

by the way i g2g.. lolz gotta sleep.

thanx for help, and bye.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
try to keep the PCI to 33mhz. if the prog doesnt auto over clock for you when you start windows, or have a check box to do so, then apparently you do have to manualy oc every time you want to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts