Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Cheiftec Dragon Mid tower and I'm looking for Ideas on things to do to it.

I was thinking of putting a blow hole in the top and I wanted to paint the INTERIOR of the case. Thats something you dont see very often, but I have no idea where to begin with that. Any suggestions?

Its carbon black on the outside so I was thinking of going with a flat or glossy black on the inside. There are going to be 4 fans with 4 blue LED's in it. Also going to put 4 CCFL lights in it.

I was also planning on changing the HDD and power LEDs on the front but they are 3mm LEDs and radio shack only had them in red. I want either blue or white LED's, know any online places that sell them cheap?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have same case... I think.. look at my rig showcase.

I plan to paint the interior flat black and add more lighting to it. I also am going to re-work the fan over the clear side to accomodate a full 120.. lighted fan.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani

I have same case... I think.. look at my rig showcase.

I plan to paint the interior flat black and add more lighting to it. I also am going to re-work the fan over the clear side to accomodate a full 120.. lighted fan.

I have the same case(black). First thing I did was cut all the grills on the fan holes for better airflow, and recently I took off my bottom drive bay(I dont need it) I moved my 2 HD's to where the floppies go, and modded the 2 80mm holes to 1 120mm (panaflo medium, 87cfm 35db's).

The 120mm really helped my case temps. I'm planning on adding a side 120mm just like kittani said, and also a top 120mm exhaust fan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tonight I took it all apart and taped it up. Tomorrow I'm going to get some black spray paint and some primer. Should I scuff up the inside a little before primering it or just primer? Then should I scuff the primer or just paint it? I've never really painted before so im pretty clueless about it. I also ordered some LED's from a website cuz I cant find anything in town. What would do a better job of spreading the UV light around, flat black or gloss?

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
I would scuff it up a little with some sandpaper, then primer it, then spray paint. That will give you the best results. IMO, the flat black would look frickin sweet with the outside being charcoal. Just my

• Rep+
Reactions: backupballer

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
use a fine grit sandpaper tho... a flat will look better in general... the gloss wont do as good a job as making the uv spread, itll reflect it but that wont turn out like youre hoping

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I was thinking the flat black would look the **** with the outside color. I dont think Id want the inside shinning when the outside is a dull color.

Right now I have everything that is the carbon black taped up. should I just paint everything else like the front that will go behind the front plastic piece? and should I paint the very back or just leave those alone and only paint the inside?

What grit sand paper would you recommend? I have no clue what is what.

Thanks for all the help/opinions so far, I'm pretty excited and nervous at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts