Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked that the coupon actually works this time. Expires Thursday (10-7-10)
Chiefvalue is owned by Newegg (the mail even comes through mx10.newegg.com, and my RK-9000 came in a Newegg box).

Mechanical keyboard if you don't get the pricing - it's comparable in features to a $146.50 shipped Filco Majestouch Tactile Click NKRO.

My brief review.

Product link

Coupon code: CPGWRTIOB25

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysage
View Post

CPGWRTIOB25

So you don't have to type it off the pic like I did.

Also, repped and I love you.

It was on the product page, but I'll add it into the original post too.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
+rep was going to wait for the newegg sale but this is cheaper and still, technically, from newegg

birthday is today so i guess i bought myself a present

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
bumping this for a great deal

·
Registered
823 Posts
Just jumped on this, too. I was looking at the one on Newegg. The price is quite nice, assuming the quality of this is on par with a Das. It seems to look rather similar, in the same price range, and has the USB hub in a similar spot. It's also using the same Cherry MX blue top switches. Going from a 1st gen G15 to this should be interesting for me, although I don't even use the screen on the G15...thankfully it was also a gift, so I never had to lose my legs purchasing it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnexplodedCow View Post
Just jumped on this, too. I was looking at the one on Newegg. The price is quite nice, assuming the quality of this is on par with a Das. It seems to look rather similar, in the same price range, and has the USB hub in a similar spot. It's also using the same Cherry MX blue top switches. Going from a 1st gen G15 to this should be interesting for me, although I don't even use the screen on the G15...thankfully it was also a gift, so I never had to lose my legs purchasing it.
I think the build quality on this will rival the DAS. I hear the Das wears out really fast, actually.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
This is supposed to rival the Filco more than the Das.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I've heard good and bad of the Das...the Filco seems to have a great following, though. I'll have to post up my thoughts of it in the other thread once it's received. If it lasts 5 years, it'll beat the lifespan of my G15, for a lower price point.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
The basic design is the same as the M1 I believe.

The carpel tunnel could be the switch too..those M1 buttons are hard to push compared to the smooth silkiness that is a Cherry MX.

great price for a great keyboard. Elitekeyboards will have to drop their prices soon..

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I doubt it. The Filcos have enough of a premium to assert their position in the market, especially when the retail price for this keyboard is $99.99 when not on sale.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Just ordered one, Am currently using a G15 but cannot wait to retire this HUGE old keyboard.

Kinda hard to pass up at $81.18

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by progazhem View Post
I can't decide. I want it but the rosewill logo is so damn ugly >.<
(+it's a crappy brand)
Way to judge a book by its cover.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisispatrick View Post
Way to judge a book by its cover.
Don't think an observation on an ugly facet of the keyboard is in any way judging the quality of the overall product or how well it functions.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.