Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
According to a Taiwanese insiders revealed (do not know the dealers or partners), GTX1070 public version will sell for NT $ 19990, GTX1080 will sell for NT $ 27990.
In comparison:
http://www.newegg.com.tw/item?itemid=533505GTX 980Ti sell for around NT $ 27000
http://www.newegg.com.tw/item?itemid=129836GTX 980 sell for around NT $ 20000

So if this is true, expect $500 for GTX 1070 and $650 for GTX 1080.
Did not expect this...

Source:
https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1570932-1-1.html

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
I am looking for something that has 6gb ram and exceeds my 970 and cost 400 bucks. One can hope.

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
So these cards must be 40-50% faster than 980ti, otherwise fail.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That GTX 1080 better perform. Thats all I got to say :/

Gonna be one expensive season ahead. Yikes

·
Registered
426 Posts
$650 for a GP104... I'll pass. I don't care how good it is, that means that the TI equivalent will cost well in the $800-$900 range. Absurd.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I seem to recall there being a jump in price around the time 28nm came out. This wouldn't surprise me. However I hope the enthusiast market is smart enough to tell Nvidia to sod off.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'm a little bit shocked by $500 for the GTX 1070. The X70 is supposed to be the mainstream card affordable to the masses. At that price, I imagine the GTX 970 will remain a popular card for a long time. And NV won't even need to drop on the 970.
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
The worst thing is I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia priced a mid-range sized GPU, disguised as a high end card, at 650$.

Also 650$ leaves absolutely no room for doubt that this card would absolutely obliterate the 980 Ti.

·
Vandelay Industries
2,119 Posts
Ive seen 980tis for $530 lately so their prices are down. Mediocre bump in performance at $650 seems realistic.

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltamonk View Post

Ive seen 980tis for $530 lately so their prices are down. Mediocre bump in performance at $650 seems realistic.
imho needs to be atleast 25% at 650$.

I expected 25% at 550$. So for me personally to be interesting at 650$ it would need to be 35% better than 980 Ti stock vs stock.

The good news is. There will also be new AMD cards
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
11,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

The worst thing is I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia priced a mid-range sized GPU, disguised as a high end card, at 650$.

Also 650$ leaves absolutely no room for doubt that this card would absolutely obliterate the 980 Ti.
This was expected it's the GTX680 scenario again. It's a midrange GPU sold for an obscene price and then in Q4 Ti and Titan equivalent will knock it out the water.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Somehow, people magically expect prices on a brand new node, that has very low yields compared to the previous node, to be cheaper or even with previous generations? Yields are going to be tremendously low (5-8% at best at the start of a node shrink). Wafer prices are at darn near an all time high to begin with. And both companies have to somehow make back money on the R&D that went into creating an architecture for these node shrinks.

:headscrat
?

I don't get OCN sometimes.

·
User
2,334 Posts
Maybe the currency has something to do with it. The GTX 980 you've linked apparently sells for 600 dollars once you convert them.

USA's newegg has the same card for 500 dollars. Or a Gigabyte version for 430 dollars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

Somehow, people magically expect prices on a brand new node, that has very low yields compared to the previous node, to be cheaper or even with previous generations? Yields are going to be tremendously low (5-8% at best at the start of a node shrink). Wafer prices are at darn near an all time high to begin with. And both companies have to somehow make back money on the R&D that went into creating an architecture for these node shrinks.

It's not just here. People don't care at all if it's harder or whatever. All they care about is performance and price.

·
Registered
637 Posts
IMO the kicker will be, it will only out perform the 980ti on paper because it will be clocked higher and will have less oc head room.

Price has nothing to do with increase of performance. They price it at what people will pay for it. If it is ~980ti, why would they price it less?

Anyone remember the pricing when the shrunk 8800gts launched? Was it the same price as the old 8800gts?

Think I will be switching side this go around. It has been too long.. and liquidvr looks more promising.

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Quote:

headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
?

I am a costumer.
I am a consumer.
I don't care about Nvidia and AMD or Intel on a personal level. I don't care about their CEOs or employees. I don't care if they drive a Lamborghini or Prius.
I want a good GPU for a good price.
I don't care what lengths they have to go through. I don't care if they have a low profit on GPUs. I don't care if they have to perform "miracles" in order to make more powerful GPUs.

Get that in your head you people that are defending big companies.

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
And again, I don't think we will get 980ti performance at the $300 mark. I really don't see it happening. You guys said no sweat, I say BULLOCKS!

·
Premium Member
10,977 Posts
Quote:

headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
?

So by that logic even if 1080 performance is the exact same as 980Ti, it should cost the exact same as what a 980Ti launched at 10 months ago? I understand that costs will be up on this die shrink, but performance still needs to be significant enough to warrant the price. Otherwise what's the point of technological advances?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Quote:

headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
headscratch.gif
?

It is a lot of kids. 98% of the people on here do not understand basic economics. I have tried to explain in simple terms what is going to happen with he PS4K since I used to work in the market and people would rather boo me then listen to reason.

1 - 20 of 518 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.