Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts
Rumored to be $37ish usd
What? That can't be true.

Going to have to be pretty selective with ram unless you can slide that fan up

This is really the Achilles heel of big air.

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts
On the usual two-tower air coolers, you can use just one single fan in the middle position without really losing performance. The front fan isn't needed.

Interesting point. Curious what the performance drop would be.

I know in the past when I have done push pull on other coolers it didn't change much at all.

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts
Right, but the "amazon sells them" comment was a response to someone stating that thermalright products are hard to find in north america so the default purchase is a noctua cooler. It's like saying coffee shops are hard to find so I have to go to starbucks (noctua being very much like starbucks).

Ah I see. I must have missed the quote.

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts
That post is on the first page.

How long has amazon been carrying Thermalright products? I quit looking there a few years ago and there was nothing there then. Newegg can get a few of their cheaper models. The only place that I know of that might have anything is Superbiiz, and they are iffy. So basically it is Starbucks or nothing.
I bought a thermalright cooler this time last year and they had many of them, but it's not actually Amazon but "Nan's Gaming Gear".

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts
It depends on ambient temp obviously, plus I have a pretty good chip that doesn't need a lot of vcore for 5 GHz. BFV gaming temps are typically low 70's. It uses all 8 cores.

That's pretty nice for 5ghz. Congrats.

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts
I was going to post the same. Why do people even bother having a whole discussion and interest in a new heatsink, when it's just a rehash or what has already existed for more than a decade and any possible gains in efficiency are overwhelmingly likely to be within the 5% margin at most?
Because it is a discussion forum, so we...discuss stuff?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.