Overclock.net banner

[Chiphell] Thermalright Frost Spirit Air Cooler Unveiled

10825 Views 71 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  PontiacGTX
Source
Translated

Interesting heatpipe termination they have there. It reminds me of the Reeven Okeanos. If this is midrange, I wonder if there's going to be a flagship version coming soon?

Midrange Cooler
4x8mm heatpipes
140mmL x 121mmW x 158mmH
58pcs fins (very dense)
1500rpm 120mm & 140mm fans with FDB bearings
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Meep
5,578 Posts
Asymmetrical heat pipe configuration, rubber bumper stoppers on the fans, stepped fin stack design, shouldn't they be giving some credit to Noctua?
You know Thermalright did the offset heatpipe configuration way before noctua right? Ever since the HR-22 IIRC.

I'm sure Thermalright and Noctua have taken bits and pieces of each others designs over the years, It'd be hard to say who owes who the most credit at this point.

· Meep
5,578 Posts
That post is on the first page.

How long has amazon been carrying Thermalright products? I quit looking there a few years ago and there was nothing there then. Newegg can get a few of their cheaper models. The only place that I know of that might have anything is Superbiiz, and they are iffy. So basically it is Starbucks or nothing.
Must be many years ago then, as they've been selling there since at least 2014...

Amazon price history of 2 of their most popular coolers:
https://keepa.com/#!product/1-B00IYEEOMO
https://keepa.com/#!product/1-B00PKJ21LW

Seems to me like you walked past the coffee shop quite a few times :p

· Meep
5,578 Posts
They used to make high end air coolers for GPU's -- I wish they would get back into that segment of the market.
Hard to call that even a segment of the market at this point, there are a whopping 2 high end aftermarket GPU coolers left, and both are pretty old designs at this point. Nobody has bothered to release something new in over half a decade.

I don't see this as being a very appealing "segment" for manufacturers to get (back) in to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.