Overclock.net banner

[Chiphell] Thermalright Frost Spirit Air Cooler Unveiled

10832 Views 71 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  PontiacGTX
Source
Translated

Interesting heatpipe termination they have there. It reminds me of the Reeven Okeanos. If this is midrange, I wonder if there's going to be a flagship version coming soon?

Midrange Cooler
4x8mm heatpipes
140mmL x 121mmW x 158mmH
58pcs fins (very dense)
1500rpm 120mm & 140mm fans with FDB bearings
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· curmudgeon
5,817 Posts
Wow! They have the Silver Arrow for sale there! It has been unavailable in North America for years. This places the Frost Spirit in perspective. The Silver Arrow is their top of the line model while the Frost Spirit is their mid range model.

Want a 5ghz air cooled FX? The Silver Arrow can do it. I wouldn't even try it with the Frost Spirit. But it should be fine with current CPUs. I just hope that one of those heat pipes is sitting directly over the hot spot on Zen.

· curmudgeon
5,817 Posts
That post is on the first page.

How long has amazon been carrying Thermalright products? I quit looking there a few years ago and there was nothing there then. Newegg can get a few of their cheaper models. The only place that I know of that might have anything is Superbiiz, and they are iffy. So basically it is Starbucks or nothing.

· curmudgeon
5,817 Posts
Must be many years ago then, as they've been selling there since at least 2014...

Amazon price history of 2 of their most popular coolers:
https://keepa.com/#!product/1-B00IYEEOMO
https://keepa.com/#!product/1-B00PKJ21L

Seems to me like you walked past the coffee shop quite a few times :p

Yes I walk past amazon every time.

I am aware of Nan's Gaming Gear but must be a lousy searcher because I could never actually find them before now. This is the one to get. Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme

It can handle 1.55v 24/7/365 with temps rarely touching 70C.

· curmudgeon
5,817 Posts
Actually the 8mm x 6 heatpipes on the TS 140 Power are rated higher (360w TDP diffusion) vs the 6mm x 8 heatpipes (320w TPD diffusion) on the SA SB-E.

8mm pipe = ~60w TDP diffused
6mm pipe = ~40w TDP diffused

There are other factors of course. It's too bad they didn't use 8mm pipes with the SA SB-E. :(

That is an interesting cooler, but the single weak fan kills its potential. With two TY-143 fans it might be a different story. It's too bad NAN's doesn't seem to have a retail store.

· curmudgeon
5,817 Posts
Huh ? Which Silver Arrow do you buy? (For Intel, although they seem to include both Intel and AMD mounts). The IVB-E Rev B, or the T8 ?
How does it compare to the Le Grand Macho RT ?

And isn't the True Spirit 140 Power their top of the line cooler now?

Did I buy. I have not bought a cooler in years. It is the IVB-E. They sent me the AM4 mount. Cost $5-6 bucks shipped from Germany.

The Macho has lots of fin surface to pull heat out of the pipes but no way to get rid of said heat. I'm a big fan of wind chill and if my puter was set up on wheels it would roll around. The fans are more important than the cooler itself. My proof? I have the only air cooled FX in the 5ghz 24/7 club.

The 8mm pipes on the 140P are interesting in that they have more flow and can react more quickly to sudden temperature changes, but the future is with vapor chambers. Unfortunately the only outfit making those is Coolermaster.

· curmudgeon
5,817 Posts
I bought the IB-E in 2014 from Newegg for $75 (?). Don't really remember.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.