Overclock.net banner

[Chiphell] Thermalright Frost Spirit Air Cooler Unveiled

10825 Views 71 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  PontiacGTX
Source
Translated

Interesting heatpipe termination they have there. It reminds me of the Reeven Okeanos. If this is midrange, I wonder if there's going to be a flagship version coming soon?

Midrange Cooler
4x8mm heatpipes
140mmL x 121mmW x 158mmH
58pcs fins (very dense)
1500rpm 120mm & 140mm fans with FDB bearings
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
5,111 Posts
It depends on ambient temp obviously, plus I have a pretty good chip that doesn't need a lot of vcore for 5 GHz. BFV gaming temps are typically low 70's. It uses all 8 cores.
You seem to have a great 9900k, my 9700k needs 1.35V to get to 5.1/4.8 (core/uncore). I'm surprised you haven't tried for a higher overclock than 5 Ghz. Why not try for 5.2 Ghz.?

· Banned
5,111 Posts
Actually the 8mm x 6 heatpipes on the TS 140 Power are rated higher (360w TDP diffusion) vs the 6mm x 8 heatpipes (320w TPD diffusion) on the SA SB-E.

8mm pipe = ~60w TDP diffused
6mm pipe = ~40w TDP diffused

There are other factors of course. It's too bad they didn't use 8mm pipes with the SA SB-E. :(
Are you using the True Spirit 140 to cool your 9900k?

· Banned
5,111 Posts
Im still rocking my venomous x for my 4790k which I have given to my sister. It's literally the longest owned heatsink I have and I actually wonder if the heatpipes still have their 'filling'. Thermalright is one of the most underrated companies and hope they can capture some of the big air market which is dominated by Noctua. Also hope they can change their product naming because its so confusing. Too many revisions why not just append a MK or something.
They used to make high end air coolers for GPU's -- I wish they would get back into that segment of the market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.